Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

ExtremeParts.ca; any reviews on them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Parker01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ExtremeParts.ca; any reviews on them?

I'm in the market for a rear bumper and or lip. I might head down and check these guys out in Vaughn as they seem to have a lot of stock.

Has anyone ever purchased anything there or had any body work done? It looks like they sell mainly just replica body kits manufactured by Aerodynamic Research. I called down and they have stock of the SK style rear lip, Nismo rear bumper, Ing style rear bumper and there was something else, maybe a Vader style?

If you have any experience with them or the kits they sell please share as far as service, workmanship and actually fitment/quality of the replica parts.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Alborz11

I think I remember hearing someone saying they just sell the stuff from BC auto for higher prices. They have a few adds on kijiji and the prices seem fair to me, but I would call BC auto just to double check.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 PM
theprezzz77

Yeah, they operate out of Vaughan and Ottawa I believe. I've heard mixed reviews about the fitment, but for us locals, people who stock kits and replica kits are few and far between. I suggest bringing your car there and fitting it on the spot to make sure its good. If the fitment of the piece is good, theyre prices seem very reasonable.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Parker01

Thanks for the reply guys. So I went down there this evening, it was quite interesting... none the less I ordered a Nismo replica rear bumper (yes a full rear bumper) for $199!

So what I learned from my visit is, if you call the toll-free number on their website the call goes to Edmonton, and then if they are busy the call will be transferred to their Vaughan location. They have 4 location, Edmonton being their main distribution center which then ships to their other locations. So if you call the toll-free number to check stock like I did you will be checking stock in Edmonton, so don't expect to be able to drive to their Vaughan location to see the part like I did unless you call the 416 number lol, doh!

Also for anyone that goes to visit, right now the sign on the front of their store is for an aquarium store that must have been their previously. Knowing it was unit #4 and the phone number matched I figured it had to be the place so I walked in to find a room 1/4 full of bumpers and nothing else lol. They were in the midst of growting (sp?) the floor but that place definetely isn't much for show right now. The guy there told me they plan wasn't really to have store fronts, they wanted it to be all done online but people were to skeptical and wanted to be able to come in and see the actual product... hence the reason they are making a store front available.

They do body work there, they do the install/touch up the fender lines where it meets the OEM body (if need be) and then out source the painting to a shop right behind them. The paint shop doesn't just spray the paint over the gel coat on the parts, they properly prep, prime and paint the parts with a flexible primer so that they paint is more durable/lasts longer. Rates are pretty typical at roughly $210 for a single bumper (a whole kit, or two bumpers probably gets a discount). I asked about fitment etc... he says all the parts are test fit; I told him I'm a freak and hate gaps in body panels etcetera and he replied that they fit very well and when he does the install he first tapes the stock body panels, then mounts the unpainted bumper and on the Z in particular sometimes on the rear bumper the corners are cut a but short so he lays on some fiber glass, then unmounted it and sends it for paint. This is pretty typical of a body shop yes, but reassuring to hear anyways.

Cole's notes: They are legit, good prices, seemingly good people, they do body work, installs and paint. They also allow you to order parts from other locations and put small deposits on parts you want them to hold as they come in. Oh and make sure you call the 416 number when checking stock :P
Old 01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
xdragus

Let us know how everything goes after the rear bumper is put on. I'm still skeptical of places like these and any store with good salesman can put on a good show for initial impression.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^+1...

Great recon, Parker01.. However I would be surprised if the replica's fit as well as he says..

I would also advise that you check the bumpers overall construction, before purchasing. It would be a shame to spend that money, only to have the bumper flex & crack after a short period of time.
I would even go as far as to ask if/how he will be adding in supports for the bumper.

GL!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:17 AM
4DGS

I spoke with the one guy about the nismo front and he guaranteed 100% fitment, he said I could fit it on my car before buying it if I wanted too. No word on how long they last, but with any FG bumper I wouldn't go smashing into curbs or anything.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Reality350

A member here with a JDM FRP -RB, had someone rear end his z and take off.. I checked the damage and it was only paint.. No damage to the RB..
Not sure I can say the same thing a replica FRP RB, made in china...
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Parker01

Ya they really seem to guarentee the fitment, but unfortunately nobody has been able to give any credibility to that yet. They also had 2 Nismo front ends sitting there, ugh it was hard to leave without one but I had to keep reminding myself it would double my bill all said and done.

As for the durability from being hit, well I can only expect the worst... I am in the market for a new rear bumper because I was backing up and caught the side/mud flap on a support for a tree at a full 0.5km/h. Once I heard the impact I rolled forward and with the mud flap hooked on the post it ripped the rear bumper half off my car and folded it in half where it stayed attached leaving a great big crease up the entire bumper :'(. But yes, I expect the bumper to be more brittle... I'll just have to stop driving like a woman .

As of right now the plan is to have him do the install, body work and paint. So you will have some sort of feed back on the shop whether it be good or bad time will tell :S, consider me the ginne pig.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Kiriller

^ Thank you for helping out in this great cause, if all goes good for you, they will get plenty of business from the rest of the community im sure, i my self need a rear lip and perhaps the sides...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
steve774

I bought a veilside vs1 replica lip from extreme parts last summer before they had a public warehouse. I took the risk buying without really testing it (yeah not a good decision). I thought for $180 it was worth the gamble.

I was not very happy with the fitment of the lip. I attached a pic that shows a huge gap between the top of the lip and the bumper, that was the biggest issue. The fitment on the sides were not bad, not really noticeable unless you look at it top down. After a few weeks, a couple small stress cracks started showing because the fitment on the lip was too tight on the sides. The material is not very durable. Ive seen other vs1 replicas from the same suppliers (from what I read in a previous thread) and they looked like they fitted a lot better than mine. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I just wanted to share my experience. I got my lip painted somewhere else so I can't comment on their body work.

Since they got a warehouse now I would definitely make sure you get a test fit and ensure everything fits nicely. They might of stepped their game up now since they have a public warehouse and a bodyshop. Let us know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails ExtremeParts.ca; any reviews on them?-dsc_7184.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Parker01

^Interesting, good input.

So a little update here. Turns out I was right, they were actually the rear Nismo add-ons, not the bumper :S. So now I'm in a pickle and don't know what to do ah. I'm probably just going to fix the piece of junk OEM bumper I bought for $400 that on top of that is going to cost $445 to repair and paint

Sorry for the let down guys; I feel bummed out too.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 AM
alex23

so extremeparts is no good
Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 AM
mistanismo

Honestly... 200$ for a full rear bumper, even if a replica and FBG of a large and reputable company... 100% fitment... common now guys lol if it sounds too good to be true, it *99.9%* of the time is.

I'd ***** him out. How did he confuse a full piece with add-ons?

Thanks for investigating however!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
XERMAN2001

This link may help (Where can I buy a lip kit in the GTA, also a good place for paint?)

https://my350z.com/forum/east-canada...for-paint.html

I bought my Veilside replica lip from ExtremeParts.ca, the top did have a bit of a gap like Steve774's did but it fit allot better than I though it would. I ended up getting it molded on for a cleaner look.

Name:  SDC10993.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  SDC10982.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  SDC11001.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  108.5 KB

Just be carful with replica stuff, my rears and sides from BC fit really badly, I would assume the ING kit from ExtremeParts.ca would be the same. I Paid to get it to fit right, paid allot.

Name:  031.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  85.6 KB

after

Name:  574.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  569.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  145.2 KB

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-05-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
colin8868

I bought an INGS front bumper and sides from extremeparts, Not thinking about having them fit it before I bought I just went to my bodyshop guy to do all the work and a couple days later I got a call saying he couldn't fit it and I went and saw it and took some pics there was a few gaps and what not so I called extemeparts and booked and appt for may 18th for them to do it they say they can fit it perfect I will post an update after the appointment.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Bloodtype:Z

WOW the 'before' fitment on Xerman2001 rear bumper is a F*CKING abortion!!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 PM
StraySheep

If a shop cannot figure out the difference between a nismo full rear bumper (which only exist on the nismo edition) and nismo rear add-on, it tells me they don't even know their products.

Never mind how the parts fit and how well they say they are going to touch up the lines.

From what I have read in the past, here and other forums, if you go with replica body parts, be prepared to pay double the price by the time all the extra labor are need to get the parts to fit. Then again, paying 2 times the price of the replica may still be cheaper than buying authentic, but probably not that much cheaper.

Last edited by StraySheep; 04-22-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Tubesteak101

I dont own a 350 or 370 but I want you to know what happened to me with extremeparts.ca I went there and got a full mugen replica kit installed on my 99 prelude. What a mistake that was!!!!!! The kit quality seems to be okay, but the shop install and customer service was the worst I've ever seen! To start just talking on the phone with the guy was never a very pleasant experience. Every time I talked with him he was always an jerk. Even when I went in the shop today he didn't want to help me or answer my questions or tell me any info. He just wanted me to give him the keys and leave. The guy is a straight up jerk. I've not yet done a full check of the front bumper, but it looks good. The side skirt install is crap. Both doors rub on the top of the side skirts. When I get them painted the door is going to rub and take off the paint. They screwed the skirts in with cheap screws that will rust as soon as they get wet. They also made a mistake on the first holes they drilled and had to abandon them and drill two new holes. Now I have two extra holes in my side skirt. Next is the rear caps. Fitment looks good, but again they used those cheap screws that will rust everywhere and they are all clearly visible. The guy told me on the phone they wrap up your stock bumper and put it in your car. WRONG. First off they cracked my front bumper taking it off (That really pissed me off Now I cant sell it). They didn't wrap the bumper and they scratched the roof of my car putting it in!!!!!!!!!! I also have no idea what they did in my car, but it looks like someone sanded a tree inside of it. There was dust every where. They made a big mess in my car. But wait I'm not done. When I looked at my car I had no signal lights?!? I went in the store and he told me to just GLUE MY SIGNAL LIGHTS IN AFTER IT WAS PAINTED. Glue in my signal lights? I paid him to install my kit shouldn't putting my signal lights on be apart of that? And glue them in? WTF I guess I will have to rig up some kind of bracket. This is the first time in my life I've ever written anything bad about any company. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through all that. If you don't care if the guy is a jerk just buy the kit there, but please for the love of god don't let them touch your car. I know most of use love are cars and only want premium work done. You will not get that at extreme parts. I almost forgot my side skirt is already cracked in the corner.

Ps today I found out that they only used two screws to hold my front bumper. That really pissed me off, so Im going to everyone about this shop.

Last edited by Tubesteak101; 05-10-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
maroli

thanks for the heads up bro, and sorry about your bad experience.

Quick Reply: ExtremeParts.ca; any reviews on them?