Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Potential New Z Owner (From Canada) Needs Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
PeaceDisturber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential New Z Owner (From Canada) Needs Advice

Hey

So to keep this as short as I can- I live in Vancouver Canada, and I want to buy a Z in the States- even if it's a hassle, I just don't want to pay 5 - 10 K more simply out of principle.

I'm not making this thread to find a car specifically, I just want info on the process- so this is not a WTB thread.

What I'm looking for:

6MT
Any Color except that burnt orange one
Decent Mileage
Prefer HR, but nothing against a good deal for a 2003-2006 car
Coupe
No accidents claims etc. etc. (well taken care of- reasonably for a used car)

LOCATION: Preferably Nor-Cal, So-Cal, (anywhere else in California), maybe Nevada and Arizona- Want to stay on the salt-free, not so far away west coast if I can.
Up to 22,000K *Asking Price

On to the Questions:

1. Does anybody on here know of any dealers in the above mentioned regions that have experience with Canadian buyers- i.e., know the process, don't mind, are accommodating? I see tons of Cali cars up here, so I figure it must be common place to at least a few dealers.

2. Any Canadians on here that may want to shed some light on the matter- experience, advice, etc.

3. Would it be bad to buy from private? I see sick cars in the FS section on here with a bunch of tasteful mods, yet they cost 10K less than cars up here stock.

I guess this is really more for Canadians who have been in the same boat as me, but obviously anybody that has knowledge that could help me is free to answer. Just trying to figure out if its really worth it - I know the actual process of how to import, just wanted to see if somebody could help me decide why I should or shouldn't.

Thanks in advance! Hopefully if all goes well, my next thread will be a 'Check out my new Z' thread.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:48 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Go Bruins!

Have you reviewed the Regional Sections of this site?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
PeaceDisturber

It's the first place I looked, but only glancing over the sub-section, I saw that the same page had threads not bumped since well into 2010- in other words, a bit of a dust bowl in the Western Canada section.

I figured I'd ask here since its got a lot more traffic and I know there have to be Canadian members on the board.

Oh and, Go Canucks- Tonight is the beginning of the end for the Bruins.