Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012 | 10:57 PM
angadoneal

Default New to the site

Hi guys
I am new to the site and the forum, have a 07 ZR usually spotted in Scarborough or Markham. Picked it up last year had it kitted, threw in a sound system, intake and exhaust. Was looking to get it tuned, anyone know or recomend any local shops? Also anyone with experience with engine management systems and whats a good brand ? Also was thinking about a clutch and fly wheel kit. Would love some input from people who have already gone the route.
Old 03-22-2012 | 11:14 PM
-Trav-

Id throw some more mods into it before dropping a grand on a tune. Welcome! Got pics??
Old 03-23-2012 | 04:56 AM
Reality350

Welcome.

You won't need a tune until you have at least completed all of your NA mods. And even then, only after changing headers.
-Save your money until then.

If you do decide you want to blow a grand.. You should go with Osiris -Uprev.

As for local shops.
Speedstar is in Markham. (For all things JDM)
NextMod is in Richmondhill (Great shop for interior & exterior mods)
APH for tuning located in the west of the city(Had a split up recently, so I am unsure of its status)
Automatrix opening soon. They will be a full service shop.

Your best bet is to start reading through the this subforum. It contains a wealth of information.

Last edited by Reality350; 03-23-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-23-2012 | 05:46 AM
Boorad

all great shops/places listed above. aph is still up and running and bryan the tuner is a stand up guy and can tune you bolt ons with the osirus uprev. but like said above wait till all your bolt ons are complete. if you plan on going further i.e boost then haltech for a stand alone is highly recomended and bryan will tune that for you also.

good luck with the car and congrats, hope to see you at some meets this season. you will see a lot of last min meets posted up here through out the seaon.
Old 03-23-2012 | 05:49 AM
350zlee

Originally Posted by angadoneal
Hi guys
I am new to the site and the forum, have a 07 ZR usually spotted in Scarborough or Markham. Picked it up last year had it kitted, threw in a sound system, intake and exhaust. Was looking to get it tuned, anyone know or recomend any local shops? Also anyone with experience with engine management systems and whats a good brand ? Also was thinking about a clutch and fly wheel kit. Would love some input from people who have already gone the route.
Welcome........
You should put in a header before you get tuned. If you are looking for nice and cheap for your clutch and flywheel, I will say go for JWT(Jim Wolf Tech). I had mine installed by APH and it is awesome. But Remember to change your Slave Cylinder to the HD slave cylinder. Because yours is HR trans.........
Old 03-23-2012 | 06:22 AM
tioga

It wont cost you a grand for tune. APH did my and with just test pipes/ cold air (with a stock nismo exhaust - not a huge difference from stock honestly) and i would do tune if i was in your shoes, runs smoother.
Old 03-23-2012 | 08:00 AM
xjuddx

If you are looking for a JWT clutch and stillen headers a board member from ottawa has both for sale at great prices. PM me and I will give you his contact info.

I wouldn't get it tuned until you need it or you have all your NA mods.

Welcome by the way.
Old 03-23-2012 | 11:54 AM
The_Dr

I have the JWT Clutch not the flywheel. 300$ http://imgur.com/a/EJ4ov#0
from my experience if you are gonna do clutch that's the easiest time to do the headers because you are no more they a few steps away and you will save yourself hours of work and labor. I also have Stillen Headers as well as HFC Random tech. I will be in the Toronto area as soon as Gord Bush is done with my motor. Pm me if you want pics of everything
Old 03-23-2012 | 10:31 PM
angadoneal

Thanks a tonne for all the input guys. I will definitely read up on the JWT clutch and flywheel and get back to you The_Dr. So you guys recomend headers for the HR ? what other N/A mods would you guys recomend ? tioga how much did your tune cost you and what system did you go with ? And i will put some pics up by the end of the weekend hopefully we get some nice sunny days
Old 03-24-2012 | 07:08 AM
Reality350

Thanks a tonne for all the input guys. I will definitely read up on the JWT clutch and flywheel and get back to you The_Dr. So you guys recomend headers for the HR ? what other N/A mods would you guys recomend ? tioga how much did your tune cost you and what system did you go with ? And i will put some pics up by the end of the weekend hopefully we get some nice sunny days
IIRC, the HR motor came with a header design, that was far superior to the ones on the DE motor.
If you are switching headers, I would recommend looking into a pair of Long Tubes.
Old 03-24-2012 | 11:06 AM
350zlee

Other NA mod will best suit for the HR will be header and Final Gear. I didn't install header yet, but I installed the Central 20 3.9 final gear by APH. This is amazing, you can feel the car going a lot faster.
Old 03-24-2012 | 11:27 AM
ZS14RR

Kitted with rimmed up killer system? Somethings fishy.....
Old 03-24-2012 | 10:29 PM
manZ

welcome to the site, what colour is your Z? i always go to your area.
Old 03-26-2012 | 09:40 PM
angadoneal

Whats fishy about it ZS14 :S , the car is grey manZ. Reality 350 i agree with you i read up on the headers and they say no noticable gains would be achieved by swapping the headers on the HR. 350zlee i am not quite sure i know how the final gear works or the concept in question here ....
Old 03-27-2012 | 07:05 AM
350zlee

Whats fishy about it ZS14 :S , the car is grey manZ. Reality 350 i agree with you i read up on the headers and they say no noticable gains would be achieved by swapping the headers on the HR. 350zlee i am not quite sure i know how the final gear works or the concept in question here ....
Here is some idea how the final gear work....

Changing final gear makes it low geared ( pointed to acceleration), pickup and response will be the important specifications. The effect of the final gear change becomes able to obtain a feeling of sharp acceleration greatly.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/c...3-p-20063.html
Old 03-27-2012 | 08:35 AM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Welcome to MY350Z.
Old 03-27-2012 | 11:18 AM
angadoneal

350zlee thanks for the explanation and the link i am definitely gonna add that to the list and try and get it asap. This doesn't by any chance make your gears shorter though does it ? Thanks Verdict. I was looking into an ACT HD clutch kit and a Fidzana lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, as well as Tomie cams and then maybe a tune.
Old 03-27-2012 | 11:55 AM
350zlee

350zlee thanks for the explanation and the link i am definitely gonna add that to the list and try and get it asap. This doesn't by any chance make your gears shorter though does it ? Thanks Verdict. I was looking into an ACT HD clutch kit and a Fidzana lightened flywheel, underdrive pulleys, as well as Tomie cams and then maybe a tune.
Yes it will make all your gears shorter. The higher the final gear, the shorter the gear, it will go up to 200km easily, but no top speed. But no way you can drive more then 200km locally. It won't add any hp, but definitely you will see your car is a lot faster. go search final gear in the forum, so you can understand more. PS: remember if you are getting flywheel and clutch, don't forget to get the HD slave cyclinder.
Old 03-27-2012 | 11:59 AM
Ztouring04

Pics
Old 04-09-2012 | 07:42 AM
angadoneal

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: New to the site