Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

I will be pulling my HKS supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:43 AM
JoneZZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote originally posted by PHUNK:

"SES light should be the last of your worries. If you have to go in for emissions just bring a OBDII scanner with you so you can clear the codes while your waiting in line...."

Speedracer....sorry to hear about your original intentions on this one....have they changed?
Old 12-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I AM pulling my HKS supercharger

Originally posted by JoneZZZ
Quote originally posted by PHUNK:

Speedracer....sorry to hear about your original intentions on this one....have they changed?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this question. In any case, I have begun removal of the HKS supercharger. HKS has actually been very helpful with this whole matter and have been very understanding and willing to help me. Still, the very reason I went with this kit to begin with was that I really wanted reliability and quality. That's the very reason I went with a conservative set-up from a top-notch company that was significantly more expensive than some others.

Initially, my supercharger unit broke. Then I started to have all sorts of problems with the fueling system. Fuel was being dumped into my engine at an alarming rate. I tried this and that. The whole experience got to be a pain in the butt. I was no longer enjoying my car. Every time I drove it, I was worried. The oil now smells like fuel. HKS is still willing to try and continue to solve the problem, but I have decided that I have had enough. I just don't have the patience for this kind of thing.

I am cutting my losses and getting out.

Whether or not I will get a full or partial refund is uncertain, and that isn't my biggest concern quite honestly. My biggest concern is enjoying my car without worring about it or having to spend 50% of the time getting it fixed.

In any case, it's back to a relatively stock N/A motor for me, which is really okay. I will probably keep the upgraded fuel pump in the car and install a good Nitrous system that can easily be turned on/off, is relatively cheap, and doesn't involve intricate programming. I will, of course, continue to mod other areas of my car that I am less likely to run into trouble with...brakes, suspension, audio, but the motor stays as is....and man....am I ever RELIEVED!!!!

Last edited by Speedracer; 12-05-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 PM
metalz

bottom line is that once you change something like a supercharger do not expect it to go perfect ever that is they things are always will be...It is like life...
Old 12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Sorry you are going through those hastles but as mentioned any venture like this is expected to have its issues no matter who the product is from, if you go into this kind of project you have to be ready to invest not just money but time and from personal experience it will nver be worry free.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:48 PM
ReavTek

Wow, I was really expecting an HKS unit to be rather care-free. It was advertised as a product that put out decent gains but kept alot of the reliability/durability factor daily drivers need. I have been banking for awhile to purchase the HKS kit but now I am worried. Who did your tuning? What happened to the supercharger to make it break? Keep us updated on what HKS does to help you.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Speedracer

Originally posted by metalz
bottom line is that once you change something like a supercharger do not expect it to go perfect ever that is they things are always will be...It is like life...
I guess I got spoiled. I've done major tuning to three other cars pior to this....Mustang GT, Honda Prelude, Audi S4. All those projects were relatively trouble free. Yes there were minor glitches, but basically, they all worked and there were no defective parts whatsoever. I thought that by going with HKS, I wouldn't have to deal with all this.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:01 AM
Speedracer

Originally posted by ReavTek
Wow, I was really expecting an HKS unit to be rather care-free. It was advertised as a product that put out decent gains but kept alot of the reliability/durability factor daily drivers need. I have been banking for awhile to purchase the HKS kit but now I am worried. Who did your tuning? What happened to the supercharger to make it break? Keep us updated on what HKS does to help you.
HKS is actually willing to do a lot to help me, but it is me who is just too aggravated and frustrated with the whole process.