Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Letting Go

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
johanna1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letting Go

I am going to let go of my car and get rid of it for a 2005 GTO. Not for sure yet, have to see what people are going to offer me for it. I have to at least get near what I owe. Lots of minor upgrades, and only has 5000 miles and has had oil changed 4 times so far. Just PM me about it if anyone is interested. Thanks
Old 12-13-2004, 02:50 AM
chachi999999999

Don't drop the Z for a freaken GTO. If you really want to get rid of it, get something like a Subaru STi or Lancer Evo.

Straight Line: 2005 GTO will roast a Z bad
Hittin' The Curves: Bye Bye GTO

Straight Line: Lancer and Subaru will beat the Z and stay even with a GTO
Hittin' The Curves: Bye Bye Z and definately bye bye to the GTO

Is a GTO better than a Z?
Yes

Is a Subaru STi and Lancer EVO better than a Z and GTO?
Hell Yes.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 AM
ttsupra94

I think they are all ugly except the Z. Who cares what they do stock, just put some FI on and there wont be any questions.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:42 AM
TheBigShow

Originally posted by ttsupra94
I think they are all ugly except the Z. Who cares what they do stock, just put some FI on and there wont be any questions.
and buy a new engine.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Srivero297

Originally posted by ttsupra94
amen to that.

the STi is such a hideous car. Its really fast when its stock, so its for people who know absolutely nothing about tuning to buy, and then they can race people and still win even though they dont know their a$$ from their elbow.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 AM
TheBigShow

uh, i'd take an sti.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 AM
alininger2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too....
Old 12-13-2004, 08:01 AM
alininger2001

It's ugly but it's fast!
Old 12-13-2004, 08:40 AM
ttsupra94

Lol, so then why not buy a riced out civic that runs like 10's. That would be fast. The only thing i've been able to figure out about why people like sti's is that its AWD, besides that, I really can't see what is so great about it. But thats my opinion. You are going to be driving the car, get whatever you like the most and whatever makes you happy.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the STi's 'n Evo's look absolutely sick. Plus their very practical and very fast in stock trim with just as much of a mod community as ours along with potential (granted not 3.5+L potential). But they still can go above 500whp. With none of these cars can you loose. The Z is just more $$$ to get it into the stupid fast range, but I got the Z because of it's looks not because of it's stock performance.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
John

Originally posted by chachi999999999

Hittin' The Curves: Bye Bye Z and definately bye bye to the GTO
I still have yet to see this proven.

<- passes STis and Evo8s on track all the time
Old 12-13-2004, 02:28 PM
chachi999999999

Originally posted by Srivero297
amen to that.

the STi is such a hideous car. Its really fast when its stock, so its for people who know absolutely nothing about tuning to buy, and then they can race people and still win even though they dont know their a$$ from their elbow.
You are so wrong there. I will agree that the car is ugly as hell, especially compared to the Z, but that car is fast as hell and is for people who can't afford to tune their car. Did I mention it has awd? Yea well that means you will get a crazy amount of traction. I got a Z, and I love it, but I will still admit that if an STi wanted to go I would definately lose. If you wanted to put FI on a Z, it would cost a whole lot more than a Subaru. I would love to put so TT's or a supercharger on the Z, but there is no way in hell due to the fact that there is no way I can afford. The Subaru also has alot better gains from small mods than a Z as well. Other than the looks, the STi is an amazing car, especially for the price.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:43 PM
DrVolkl

I could have bought an STI instead of my Z...but why? I just don't get it.

Just like I don't get trading a Z in for a GTO...

The latest Car and Driver roasted the GTO when they compared it to the new Mustang. There's a darn good reason why NO ONE is buying them. (Did you read about the gear shifter??).

In 2007-8 they're re-doing the GTO anyhow...so you're going to be left with an ugly looking failed attempt of a car while other people are driving around in (hopefully) the real thing.

I think there's more to life than going fast...I can't past the looks of the STI...just has zero class. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
johanna1

The new GTO has better suspension this time around. It is more track friendly. I don't care a corners anyways because I do not even track race, I only drag race. I would rather have the GTO anyday before I would buy a lancer or sti. There not doing so hot either compared to the Z at least. I barely ever see sti's or lancer's on the road. Still 7 of them sitting at the dealership right now. I know they will be redoing it later on, but who's to say it will even look any better. I don't want it to look just like the GTO back in the day. I think the older ones are uglier then the new one's. I would take a 69 z28 before I would ever buy a older GTO. If anyone knows anyone interested, just let me know. I can work something out to fit your needs.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:56 PM
icekube

Did I mention it has awd? Yea well that means you will get a crazy amount of traction. I got a Z, and I love it, but I will still admit that if an STi wanted to go I would definately lose.
Why do you care so much about the speed anyway? Are you planning to race a subaru anytime soon? Unless you're taking it to the track, it makes no sense to be racing on the streets.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
mikeyj217

i wish the z was more powerful, or even as powerful as they say it is. But those other cars are ugly, The sti looks like a riced out 4 door civic, the lancer is even worse. THe gto is ugly, if anything get the mustang. To me the z looks really good, i just wish it were faster, but the only thing id turn it in for would be the new vette or the 07 cobra mustang
Old 12-13-2004, 05:49 PM
chachi999999999

Originally posted by icekube
Why do you care so much about the speed anyway? Are you planning to race a subaru anytime soon? Unless you're taking it to the track, it makes no sense to be racing on the streets.
Actually, looks is the last thing I look for in a car, and yes I love speed. If you don't love speed, why did you get a Z. I bought it because I love speed and cornering hard. And yea the Z is definately a looker. I got one because of rwd, low-end torque, and I got a unbelievable deal on it. I may not race it on the street, but for everyday driving, I like fast acceleration. You ever driven a 4cylinder camry? No torque. The Z has tons of low-end torque so the means fast acceleration when your under the 3k mark.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:32 PM
hypeiv

I know this is starting to get way off topic but I am not that impressed with turbo'ed STI's, Evo's and SRT-4's being faster than a NA Z. It will take a faster V6 (or I4) NA to impress me more than the Z.

Not trying to diss STI's, Evo's and SRT-4's they are great fast cars but I don't get bent out of shape just b/c they are faster than my Z.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:38 PM
PhoenixINX

The LS2 going into the `05 GTO is going to be a NICE treat... Delivering you a welcome rush of immensely more torque and HP. If you're looking for a cruiser which will walk away from the Z in stock trim... the GTO is for you.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:43 PM
icekube

Actually, looks is the last thing I look for in a car, and yes I love speed. If you don't love speed, why did you get a Z. I bought it because I love speed and cornering hard. And yea the Z is definately a looker. I got one because of rwd, low-end torque, and I got a unbelievable deal on it. I may not race it on the street, but for everyday driving, I like fast acceleration. You ever driven a 4cylinder camry? No torque. The Z has tons of low-end torque so the means fast acceleration when your under the 3k mark.
I look for a balance in both. I like having the ability to pass the majority of the cars on the road if I needed to and feel the rush of adrenaline for that short moment. But in your terms, you seem like you like to race on the roads.

Quick Reply: Letting Go