Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

foiled...so far

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 06:19 PM
teacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foiled...so far

I`d appreciate some help here. Seems that fate isn`t in the holiday spirit so far.

My Z is an 03` with 13,900 miles. I am now getting ready to make the most of a bad situation by putting in a light flywheel during my tranny replacement. Now, now, folks, no tears already, it`s not that bad. Good ol` uncle Nissan has popped for the new tires, new axle, window cleansing, and...now the tranny. It`s just time, a few unplanned miles, and a bit of worry about what might be around the next corner - maintenance-wise.

So, I decide to pop for the flywheel and get some out of this deal, BUT...I call /surf every company I can find with the JUN flywheel and...they have to ``special order it``. Hmmm...in a perfect world the stores would have it in stock for me so I would need them instead of my just going to a manufacturer but...nope, ``4 to 8 weeks``.

I called SGP, Hop-up racing, and and some others to no avail. My car is going into the shop in about a week for the tranny. I can stall a few days, maybe a week, but I want this done by early Jan.

Any ideas on where this frisbee of ``unobtanium`` can be found for somewhere in the neighborhood of $430 (that`s the ballpark of two stores that said they had it - in a couple months).

I`m starting to think JWT is what`s left to me , but I`m leaning heavily to the 1-piece construction and chromoly materials in the JUN.

Any ideas?

Jack
Old 12-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give Adam a call at Z1 Auto to see what he can do. He seems to highly recommend the UR unit
Old 12-21-2004, 08:33 PM
350G

Although its not listed on their website, I'd try 350tuner.com

Here's the online store . It's in the preliminary stages of launching, so rather than emailing, you may just want to call him.
866-350-TUNER (they open at 11am EST)

Ask for Shawn and let him know Gary sent ya Being in the industry for over 12yrs and being an authorized dealer for practically every reputable brand means he can get it or will point you to someone who can. As for price, they price match, so no biggie.

G

Last edited by 350G; 12-21-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:33 AM
teacher

Default light flywheel

Hi guys.

Thanks for the help! I have an Unorthodox flywheel coming soon. It is around 12 lbs, and according to the literature, it`s a CNC - crafted work of art, billet construction (undoubtedly unbiased).

It`s 12 or so lbs, so it should give me some zing to those revs. The clutch will remain stock, with a new disk coming along with the install of the flywheel. Any bets on how the new tranny and flywheel will work?

Jack