Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Shops

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM
foochdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shops

I have two places(kinda) where I live. My parents, which I visit often, are in up by Erie, PA and I have a house that I rent with some old friends where I work in Pittsburgh, PA. I am getting a Z in the spring and I was wondering if there are ANY reputable shops around either of these places. I don't mean a 15 mins drive either. I will take a shop as far as like 2 hours away possibly. So pretty much somewhere in Western PA, Eastern OH, South West NY, North West MD, and North West Virgina. By shops I am looking for two specifically.

1.) A wheel shop that will NOT scratch my rims all up. I went to three different places with my rims on my eclipse to people that "promised" at they would not be damaged in any way....every single place scratched them.

2.) I need a engine/tuner/dyno shop. I will more than likely be putting either turbonetics single turbo or APS' single turbo on the Z before I am done and I want some good place I can go to for tuning and/or work. I plan on building the internals when/if I got FI so they have to be able to, more than likely, port and polish, bore the cylinders, press pistons on rods and install. I had to drive to Staten Island with my eclipse on a flatbed just to get help on a supercharger issue with my eclipse(7.5 hour trip one way). I don't want to have to do this with the Z.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
Old 01-10-2005, 05:06 AM
foochdawg

Nobodys knows any shops around here?
Old 01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
johanna1

In Maryland there is a place called Altered Atmosphere that does good work with the Z's and can tune really good. I would try them out. They seem like they would take good care of your car while they are doing installs.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
foochdawg

Cool, thanks. I'll look into that. :thumbsup: