Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

says that you can use non-stock headers too!

i can't really tell from the pics, but it looks like the exhaust ties into the b-pipe and replaces the y-pipe?
Old 02-24-2005, 02:25 PM
dynamic6er

Originally posted by Road Warrior
can you give details on how the turbo manifolds tie into the factory manifolds, or do they replace the factory manifolds?
They connect to the factory manifolds here the cats used to reside. The passenger side crosses over and connects to a pipe on the drivers side and then into the turbo. You can download the PRELIMINARY install instructions here.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those images I posted are clickable, click them and they will be larger.

Dave, you can try to explain it, like Mia tried to explain to me, but as soon as I saw the pic, I completely understood.

Name:  turboneticsdownpipe.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  turboneticsdownpipe1.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  22.7 KB

Name:  turboneticskit-stockheaders.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  turboneticsturbo1.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  26.2 KB

Last edited by nis350ztt; 02-24-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Hey thats MY car in there....YES I knew I'd be famous one day.....
Old 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Oh sweet lord, what can I pawn to afford this kit??
Old 02-24-2005, 05:08 PM
350zdanny

What's the price if 12 people don't sign it up. and I'm still unclear how the exhaust system works after the turbo install. Could you explain it?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

damn, I need to stop wastin money and just save up and do it right. Still i have to wait till my warranty is up b4 I can go boost.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:20 PM
lam

i wonder how much this go to able to boost for 8.5.1 ratio. i know for the stock is 11.5. 1 ratio
Old 02-24-2005, 07:32 PM
dynamic6er

Originally posted by 350zdanny
What's the price if 12 people don't sign it up. and I'm still unclear how the exhaust system works after the turbo install. Could you explain it?
Currently there is no pricing structure for less then 12 kits. We really need to hit that number to make the pricing work.

The exhaust from the y-pipe backward is exactly the same. The difference is in where the exhaust energy from the headers is routed to. The new pipes lead off of the factory header on the passenger side and crossover to the drivers side of the engine bay. The other new pipe leads off of the drivers side header up towards the front of the motor. These two pipes combine together at a Y, a little foward of the strut tower of the drivers side. The turbocharger is mounted to a flange there. The intake of the turbo faces foward almost in the same position that your factory intake pipe now resides. The back side of the turbo is where the spent exhaust gasses now exit. A tube leads off the back of the turbo, heads down towards the tranny and snakes to the center of the car, where it meets up with the y-pipe. I'll try to draw a picture that shows everything more directly. The glare of the piping in the pictures makes it a little hard to see everything.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

This is the downpipe, the part that is red, it goes to the stock b-pipe. If you have a true-dual, you will have to make a reverse y-pipe.

Name:  46b88afa.bmp
Views: 458
Size:  107.0 KB

Last edited by nis350ztt; 02-25-2005 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:52 AM
Road Warrior

does this kit eliminate the cats....from looking at your install manual it looks like the cats are eliminated and there is a pipe that replaces the y-pipe connecting to the b-pipe....?

thanks for the explanations....looks like a nice kit that produces
Old 02-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Road Warrior
does this kit eliminate the cats....from looking at your install manual it looks like the cats are eliminated and there is a pipe that replaces the y-pipe connecting to the b-pipe....?

thanks for the explanations....looks like a nice kit that produces
There are two versions of the kit, one with a high-flow cat, and one without. I'm not sure which one the group-buy is for. The HF cat version is going to try to pass CARB.

And yeah, I think you have it correct on how it is ran.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:46 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by nis350ztt
There are two versions of the kit, one with a high-flow cat, and one without. I'm not sure which one the group-buy is for. The HF cat version is going to try to pass CARB.

And yeah, I think you have it correct on how it is ran.
Correct. The pictures above are the cat version. Ditto with the install instructs. There is a cat version (not sure if group buy includes it) but it will basically have a high flow cat mounted on the pipe that is painted red on the above pic...
Old 02-25-2005, 08:09 AM
thrifiddytt

Why does it seem that the other thread was reborn in this one....dynamic6er could you go over the contents of which kit you will be offering for this group buy, please. just want to make sure on exactly what is included in the kit, delivery time, no effect on warranty (you're one of their certified dealers, right?), still an overnight reflash, etc. Thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 08:12 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
Why does it seem that the other thread was reborn in this one....dynamic6er could you go over the contents of which kit you will be offering for this group buy, please. just want to make sure on exactly what is included in the kit, delivery time, no effect on warranty (you're one of their certified dealers, right?), still an overnight reflash, etc. Thanks
Look at the original post, and look at the install instructions, this is not the tuner version, this is the regular kit.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:36 AM
350zdanny

Ok last question for me. What is the difference in price and composition between the regular and the tuner kit?

And what I'm really wondering about the price is this: What is it gonig to cost me to buy this kit when and if we do not get 12 people? Thanks.

Dan
Old 02-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by 350zdanny
Ok last question for me. What is the difference in price and composition between the regular and the tuner kit?

And what I'm really wondering about the price is this: What is it gonig to cost me to buy this kit when and if we do not get 12 people? Thanks.

Dan
The tuner kit is basically no ECU reflash, no fuel injectors, no fuel pump, no new fuel lines. Price...hasn't been determined, the price Turbonetics gave is $5295, street price will go for lower than that. I hope street price will be around $4000 or even less. IMO, if vendors are selling the full kit for around $4700, just fuel injectors are more than $700! IMO it may be wise to save $700 more (if they are going to go for around $4000) and get the regular kit and after you get it sell the fuel pump and lines, and fuel injectors and then you can use that money towards a fuel kit (if you are going for over 550rwhp) and engine management.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, BACK ON TOPIC.

This is a great price, it's ~$500 cheaper than other vendors! I hope 12 people get in on this group buy so everyone can get this price. $500 may not seem like much, but you could use that to buy DC Sports headers for the turbo system, as long as they will fit.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Road Warrior

i am interested in the kit, therefore the questions.....since i'm in cali i have to deal with emissions....ya, i know...it sucks. anyways, if you have a kit that passes smog and is CARB certified that would be great. thanks again
Old 02-25-2005, 02:27 PM
thrifiddytt

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Look at the original post, and look at the install instructions, this is not the tuner version, this is the regular kit.
I wasn't asking to confirm what kit it was. I was asking only him to confirm exactly what was in the kit's contents for all of the group buy participants' protection. Yeah, it's been discussed before in other threads, but this is only to be a confirmation from Altered Atmosphere, and him alone. Sorry, I've been working in the legal field too long...
Old 02-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
I wasn't asking to confirm what kit it was. I was asking only him to confirm exactly what was in the kit's contents for all of the group buy participants' protection. Yeah, it's been discussed before in other threads, but this is only to be a confirmation from Altered Atmosphere, and him alone. Sorry, I've been working in the legal field too long...
Well, I don't think the high-flow cat version is out yet, so most likely it's the catless version. AND THIS IS THE REGULAR KIT, NOT TUNER VERSION.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit Group Buy