Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ACT clutch/flywheel...Noisy!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT clutch/flywheel...Noisy!!

I added the ACT clutch/flywheel combo (that Stillen currently has on sale) with my APS TT install. The clutch works well, but that flywheel seems overly noisy, especially when the car is idling and the clutch is not engaged. It rattles like hell. In fact, the whole system seems a lot noisier. Anyone else have experience with this product?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:53 PM
350G

Which stage ACT clutch did you purchase? I was under the impression that the stage 3 is a sprung hub clutch and should not create nearly as much noise as the high performance unsprung versions from various manufacturers . . .

G
Old 05-16-2005, 08:19 PM
350z4steve

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
I added the ACT clutch/flywheel combo (that Stillen currently has on sale) with my APS TT install. The clutch works well, but that flywheel seems overly noisy, especially when the car is idling and the clutch is not engaged. It rattles like hell. In fact, the whole system seems a lot noisier. Anyone else have experience with this product?

I dont have an ACT flywheel but I do have a UR one and yes its noisier than stock thats for sure. In fact any aftermarket lightened flywheel will not be as quiet as stock since they all seem to lack the dampener that comes with the heavy stock flywheel.Pushing in the clutch should help when just idling otherwise you will get the characteristic chatter that comes with a performance flywheel some better some worse than others.