Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Does the 350z use a crank position sensor on the flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
turboex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the 350z use a crank position sensor on the flywheel?

Ok my boy had a clutch installed and now the car runs like crap, idles bad and no power. its throwing code both left and right cam sensors. but the dealership says there fine and they dont know what the problem is. I hear theres a sensor timing ring on the flywheel but Im not sure how its all set up. Any pics or advise would be great, as i want to help him get it fixed. I looked on mitchel on demand and they list the crank angle sensor to be near the crank pully on the front of the engine and not to the rear. Also the fly wheel was pulled of to be resurfaced, and the car ran perfect prior the to install. thanks guys
Old 05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turboex
Ok my boy had a clutch installed and now the car runs like crap, idles bad and no power. its throwing code both left and right cam sensors. but the dealership says there fine and they dont know what the problem is. I hear theres a sensor timing ring on the flywheel but Im not sure how its all set up. Any pics or advise would be great, as i want to help him get it fixed. I looked on mitchel on demand and they list the crank angle sensor to be near the crank pully on the front of the engine and not to the rear. Also the fly wheel was pulled of to be resurfaced, and the car ran perfect prior the to install. thanks guys
The crank anngle sensor is located in front of the flywheel behind the block.