Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

DLI twin spark igntion

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005 | 08:09 AM
ARLETOS 350Z

Thumbs up DLI twin spark igntion

Anyone Knows were i connect the DLI.exactly color cables and other informations.please give a help
Old 06-09-2005 | 01:17 PM
braceman

A free bump for a fellow member coming from Greece, as I do- different city though..

Καλωs ηρθεs στο forum, στειλε pm αν μπορω να σε βοηθησω σε κατι...

Kostas
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:00 PM
jawbone

Originally Posted by ARLETOS 350Z
Anyone Knows were i connect the DLI.exactly color cables and other informations.please give a help
If you are talking about the hks dli it wont work on your car. the wires have to go between the ignitor and coil for it to work properly. the ignitors are built in to each individual coil on the 350 z,so unless you want to disect your coils, you are out of luck
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:26 PM
uplz4588

the Z ignition is a monster no need to upgrade it
Old 06-11-2005 | 12:37 PM
sentry65
the burninator
Premier Member

someone had a HKS ignition amplifier installed - said it took about two hours

he did not do a before and after dyno, but he did say that as far as he could tell, the car felt quite a bit smoother

his car was bone stock.

was it a good choice for him? no. You'd only want to consider this mod if you are FI or using nitrous. And even then from what I understand the Z's ignition is one of the few things you shouldn't have to upgrade unlike most other cars and probably especially domestic cars
Old 06-12-2005 | 09:38 PM
ARLETOS 350Z

Default hmmm

I have a 42jet nitrous shot,wet(100hp)and Crawford plenum-UR pulleys-UR flywheel-Stillen Headers-no cats-Injen duals-Ingen intake......will the DLI help any?
Old 06-15-2005 | 11:52 AM
2JZfan

so which is it? has anybody actually, for sure, installed any kind of ignition amplifier on a Z? I can see in the service manual that the coils have built-in power transistors, which would basically act as an ignitor. As was mentioned above, this typically means you can't amplify the coils because the mega-high voltage output of the amplifier would fry the ignitor. But then there are people claiming that is has been done, so what's the real story?

And for the record, I don't care if the Z's ignition system is in need of this or not, I'm looking to wire in a standalone EMS, and I need to know what types of ignition drivers are compatible with the stock coils, ie. do they need to be logic level 0-5V only, or will a standard 12V signal that is designed to directly fire an inductive coil work as well?

Thanks,
Jeff