Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

new to Z's - how responsive are they?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:25 PM
matt sherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to Z's - how responsive are they?

This is my first post on the board, just bought an 03 chrome silver enthusiast 6-speed.

i'm looking to maintain reliability with the car, so i'm really looking to keep it for the most part to simple bolt-ons. I used to own a 3000gt SL (NA) and trying to mod it was, although fun to work on it, not really worth the money. I found the car wasn't extremely responsive to standard bolt ons.

Much of what i've read states that nissan for the most part tuned every last hp out of this engine. So i'm curious if it's really worth my while to spend the cash?

As many others i'm sure, once you've had a car you toy with, you get the mod bug quickly. I'm not looking for something that's rediculously fast and that will run 30lbs of boost, just something that'll give me a bit of a kick in the pants when it goes wide open.

Here's what i'm looking at so far, nothing special, but wondering what kind of gains, if any, power wise i'd be looking at.

- Grounding Kit
- Unorthodox crank pulley
- JWT pop charger
- JWT clutch
- JWT flywheel
- Borla true dual (y-pipe elim.)
- test pipes

2 main reason i'm going with the clutch, 1. i hate how soft the clutch in the car is. It's almost like i can't feel it when i push it in. I'm used to heavy clutches and this one honestly makes me feel uncomfortable. 2. While i'm dropping the tranny to put in the flywheel, may as well do the clutch too.

Curious on your opinions on each part, if there is a better quality for the price match product that I will see more gains from.

Thanks.
Matt
Old 06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
uplz4588

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i have read the JWT clutch can handle upwords of 400whp. but drives just like stock almost the same slippage/pedal feel, so i dunno if this will cure the light pedal feel