Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

KJR Performance pulley/Street Image/ BRIDGESTONE

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM
gargoyleZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KJR Performance pulley/Street Image/ BRIDGESTONE

well, went to STREET IMAGE, and had my KJR pulley installed. This is a short review: 1. Install is pretty straight forward, and with the right tools pretty quick. It took longer to get my car on the lift (b/c of the body kit, and "loweredness"). 2. everything lined up and fit well 3. one thing I noticed, there are no timing marks on it, hmm? 4. "butt dyno" better throttle response, rev's faster through R's, feels good! 5. The shop: Owner (Eric) and henchman (MONDO), really know their stuff, this made it painless, and an easy install! 6. Eric gave me a good deal for headers/plenum/and HF cats install!
I recommend this shop for all Z/G owners in So. Cal.

and then! While the car was on the lift, I found a screw in the drivers side rear tire, and a nail in the passengers side front tire! so next stop America's tires (city of Industry). Another "GOOD BUNCH-O-GUYS" ... front tire comes off, then tire off rim, OK, and then! tech calls me over to take a look at something..stress cracks on the inside wall of the outside side wall (did that make sense?? ) 3 - 4.5" long cracks! WTF! 1st thing that came to mind was my last 147MPH run down the FY!! The cracks are are all the way down to the last layer! THE SIDE WALL! So they put my spare back on and tell me they can not take the other tire off, b/c if there are stress cracks on that tire, my car will be down till I get some other rims to put on! Take the car home, switch the rims, and get the other 3 back to the tire shop. They take the rims/tires apart, to find no cracks! THANK GOODNESS! Can't wait to see what BRIDGESTONE has to say about this!

FACTS: Always at 33psi (cold), never tracked, front end alignment straight, less then 15K on them!
What do you guys think, MFG deffect?