Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Anybody have actual tech stats for stock supsension?

Old 12-11-2002, 01:17 PM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody have actual tech stats for stock supsension?

I've seen lots of posts about people wanting to upgrade shocks, springs, and anti-sway bars. However, I have yet to see one actual measurement from the stock suspension, or from any of the upgraded systems being produced by aftermarket suppliers.

Does anybody know what the springrates are for the stock setup, or how many mm the front and rear anti-sway bars are?
This is essential info for anyone with a specific tuning goal in mind for the suspension. In other words, how do you try to reduce understeer without knowing what technical changes you will actually be doing to the vehicle?
For example, I saw on another post that the Nismo S Tune setup increases the front bar stiffness by 30% and the rear by 20%...I'm no suspension guru, but with those changes only, I would anticipate more understeer. I'm guessing the spring rates must offset those differences...but I'd really like to know some specifics.
Does anybody know this info? Dwnshift? Based on previous experience with my integra R, it feels like the spring rates on the Z are definitely a little softer (in the mid 200 lbs range?), but the front bar is HUGE! I had a mugen 26mm bar on my R, and this thing is bigger by quite a bit from my eyeball. I only looked at it for a sec though. Anybody have anything good for me? I'd eventually love to tune the suspension next spring, but without any hard numbers, I'm definintely not about to plop down any cash. Thanks!

ps I forgot ...based on the size of that front anti-sway bar, it looks like changing the F/R anti-Sway bar ratios could (ie bigger in back and smaller in front) could really change the car's cornering attitude. Maybe this was Nissan's easy way to achieve flat-safe ride, not just flat ride...throw a massive bar on the front to tame it a bit?

Last edited by J Ritt; 12-11-2002 at 01:20 PM.