Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Question on how to increase horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 10:04 PM
mschwartz26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on how to increase horsepower

Greetings everyone! I have a question for all you car guru's...I have been sifting through these threads for the past couple of weeks on and off. What are my current options for increasing horsepower in my new Z? I have seen airfilters, exhaust work, upcoming turbo's, ect. What are the increases/prices for all of my options? Are there things that 'everyone' looking for increased horsepower should do? I do not know enough about working on cars to know exactly where I should start...but am already looking for options.

Also, to follow up on the turbo's/superchargers that I have been reading about...when exactly should I expect them out and how much should I expect to have to pay for everything...the turbo, other parts that need to be installed, and all the labor.

Much thanks to all...
Old 12-11-2002, 10:34 PM
Duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to go faster doesnt always mean adding more power, you can take off weight, specially unsprung weight like suspension and wheels/tires. Mods Im not sure will help yet sure there have been dyno charts of mods adding horsepower but I doubt they where a few pulls on the dyno after mod and a few more after they ran the car and let the computer get use to the mod. Once the ECU thing is worked out all the modifications in the world will help. One mod that I think everyone should do when modifing an engine specially when adding FI is to blueprint the engine. Balancing free's up some horsepower and helps prevent engine parts from tearing apart like the crank binding and the like. And if you want to save money think about what you want to acomplish with the car and set out a plan and follow it as much as you can and a very important thing fine tuning what you have always yields better resaults then throwing a bunch of stuff together and hoping it works. Dont forget to also work on yourself because YOU will make the car faster if you drive it the best you can and a performance driving school is a great help if you have the oportunity.
Which I think would be a nice thing to set up as a Z thing to one day a bunch of us hit a driving school and push our Z's to the limit and beyond