Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

www.alteredatmosphere.com???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.alteredatmosphere.com???

I know I just a newbie but I was wondering if it's just me or does www.alteredatmosphere.com seem to have the highest prices on the net for 350z parts and service? I not trying to bash one of our sponsors, I just interested to know if there is a reason for this?
I mean I don't live too far from their shop but am actually considering buying my parts somwhere else because it might actually be cheaper for the parts+shipping.

Sorry if this thread upsets anyone. I'd just like to know if there is something I'm missing.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Havok_RLS2

I guess I hit apon a real touchy subject.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:05 PM
2003z

they've got a good reputation. sometimes you get what you pay for. Many people have blown their engines with Procharger superchargers. Dr. Bonz was one of their early customers and he's had no problems for a couple years now.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I guess I hit apon a real touchy subject.
Along with what 2003z said, you must not be to familiar with how business works.

Not everyone can under sell or under cut all other stores/vendors... There are many reasons for why that may be.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Havok_RLS2

[QUOTE=Peking]Along with what 2003z said, you must not be to familiar with how business works.
QUOTE]

Look... lets assume that I'm 30+ years old and my parents didn't have to buy my car for me. Lets also assume that I was driving my first Z back in 95 and my parents didn't buy that one either.
And since you'd like to ASSUME I'm some kinda complete Id10t when it come to "Business", how would you like me to assume your some snott-nose, Know-it-all, pampered bratt.
I didn't ask for your assumptions kid.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:39 AM
PumpedVA

All I can say is AAM did all my motor trans and rear end work and I never had to take my car back. YOu might pay more up front, at least your not paying twice
Old 09-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Peking

Look... lets assume that I'm 30+ years old and my parents didn't have to buy my car for me. Lets also assume that I was driving my first Z back in 95 and my parents didn't buy that one either.
And since you'd like to ASSUME I'm some kinda complete Id10t when it come to "Business", how would you like me to assume your some snott-nose, Know-it-all, pampered bratt.
I didn't ask for your assumptions kid.
Well you did say you are a "NEWBIE" cool guy and your question can only leave one to assume

Who said anything about buying anyone's car (or anyone giving anything to anyone), must have some sort of a chip on your shoulder there... Parents didn't give you enough hugs growing up huh? I do think you are a idiot for mouthing off all kinds of crazy

By the way I work, so I buy my own crap. Have a good day

Last edited by Peking; 09-05-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
All I can say is AAM did all my motor trans and rear end work and I never had to take my car back. YOu might pay more up front, at least your not paying twice
Then thats all I wanted to know. Thanks. I've seen a lot of shops from coast to coast trying to sell parts as sencond and third party vendors. Most of them know nothing of the parts they are trying to sell. I'm assuming that you wouldn't have trusted your car to a shop that would over charge for junk parts and bad service. Well... Niether would I. I just wanted to get some kinda feedback for some people who have honestly been past customers. Therefore when I get a reply from someone like you how has had work done by them, I listen. I didn't need the screwed reply for some kid barely out of his teens to tell me what he thinks I don't know. Feel me?

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 09-05-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Peking
Well you did say you are a "NEWBIE" cool guy and your question can only leave one to assume

Who said anything about buying anyone's car (or anyone giving anything to anyone), must have some sort of a chip on your shoulder there... Parents didn't give you enough hugs growing up huh? I do think you are a idiot for mouthing off all kinds of crazy

By the way I work, so I buy my own crap. Have a good day
I think I hear your mom calling. Ain't it past your bed time kid?
Old 09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by 2003z
they've got a good reputation. sometimes you get what you pay for. Many people have blown their engines with Procharger superchargers. Dr. Bonz was one of their early customers and he's had no problems for a couple years now.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Peking

I think I hear your mom calling. Ain't it past your bed time kid?
Your mom is calling me right now to come back to bed, I gots love for the older ladies

Anyway I am done here.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

calling out a sponsor isnt a good idea. They support all of us and in return we support them when we can. Well atleast i do anyways. If you have a problem it gets fixed faster and thats what its really all about.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sometime ago, I shopped at “froogle” for a cat-back exhaust. I found a fantastic price at discount auto parts. 90 days after I placed my order, I had nothing. Canceled my order, and found a retailer with the cat-back in stock. It was on my doorstep 3 days later.

Price is a good starting point when searching for aftermarket parts, but not the only criteria. Sales and service go hand-and-hand. One gets what one pays for.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 AM
PumpedVA

Then thats all I wanted to know. Thanks. I've seen a lot of shops from coast to coast trying to sell parts as sencond and third party vendors. Most of them know nothing of the parts they are trying to sell. I'm assuming that you wouldn't have trusted your car to a shop that would over charge for junk parts and bad service. Well... Niether would I. I just wanted to get some kinda feedback for some people who have honestly been past customers. Therefore when I get a reply from someone like you how has had work done by them, I listen. I didn't need the screwed reply for some kid barely out of his teens to tell me what he thinks I don't know. Feel me?
Yea man if you stop by AAM just ask dave or mike about all the work I have had done and also about how my luck is with this car. I have had AAM replace my tranny with level 10 upgrades, swap out my rear, do just about everything to my motor short of internals, exhaust from headers to tips you name it and they have done it. Only time I go back is for tuning. Dont worry when it comes to a Z they know there SH$$.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
dynamic6er

Hey guys! Thanks for the kind words! We know were not the best when it comes to pricing but we really strive to provide top notch customer service. If there are any pricing issues please feel free to give us a call and we will try to work with you on pricing as best as possible.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:14 AM
taurran

Thanks for the feedback.
Maybe you should contact the vendor before coming to these forums and b****ing about their prices. Either that, or call the Wal-Mart and ask them to start carrying 350z parts.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally Posted by taurran
...or call the Wal-Mart and ask them to start carrying 350z parts.
Good one. LOL...
Old 09-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by gatti-man
calling out a sponsor isnt a good idea. They support all of us and in return we support them when we can. Well atleast i do anyways. If you have a problem it gets fixed faster and thats what its really all about.
See... Now thats cool. Thats the kinda stuff I wanna know. But I'm sure you understand my question right. I mean have you guys ever had work done on your cars by a shop that.. A. Didn't really know what they were selling you. B. whouldn't back thier own work after something breaks cuz they screwed up the install. I have. Thats why I started doing all my own work. But now I'm getting older and don't have as much time as I use to. Believe me, I understand the concept of "You get what you pay for", But sometimes you really don't. It's really good to know that you guys back the shop as much as they seem to be backing you guys. I don't think I'll have much to fear when I have them do work on my car this weekend.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
Yea man if you stop by AAM just ask dave or mike about all the work I have had done and also about how my luck is with this car. I have had AAM replace my tranny with level 10 upgrades, swap out my rear, do just about everything to my motor short of internals, exhaust from headers to tips you name it and they have done it. Only time I go back is for tuning. Dont worry when it comes to a Z they know there SH$$.
Thanks dude. I was planning on having them perform the ECU tuning on my Z. The thing that freaked my out enough to ask this kinda question in the first place was that the price for their ECU tuning cost just a tad more than Technosqure. I just didin't want to be out $600+ for this service(30min) to a shop that cant or wont back up their work.

New Correction: The price for the Technosquare ECU reflash is the same. $595.00

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 09-06-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
Hey guys! Thanks for the kind words! We know were not the best when it comes to pricing but we really strive to provide top notch customer service. If there are any pricing issues please feel free to give us a call and we will try to work with you on pricing as best as possible.
Cool.