Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Oh God No

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 02:47 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless this guy is racing his Z around a track at high speeds, this wing won't do much except make his 350Z look DAMN UGLY.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) This thread is WAY off topic.

2) Why do so many of y'all get so worked up over what someone else has done to THEIR car? It's not like they snuck into your garage and put it on your car…although, that might be pretty hilarious (as long as they didn’t do any damage ) Get over it. This is not a huge insult flung at you. Unlike some of the comments you are making about someone else’s opinions.

3) Do y’all really feel better after a round of “Who can make up the funniest Rice insult?” I have got to say, I enjoy the, so-called, amateur modifications more than I do the racially-undertone, amateur comedy

4) I believe Victor’s point was that the kit was designed with performance in mind. C-West tends to take designs from their race cars and make products that are as true to the original race part design as possible and sell it. It's not exactly a new concept. Some of you may have heard the saying "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday." Well, we just don't get to see the races here in the States.

Now whether this person will ever use the car in a situation that they will benefit from the high-speed downforce, none of us can say.

Victor does tend to take a very strong stance on this issue and people harass him big time because of it. Ironically, he gets so worked up because people won't let it go.

JD

PS

It's a Show car, folks.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:16 PM
TheOne

Originally posted by articfury

2) Why do so many of y'all get so worked up over what someone else has done to THEIR car? It's not like they snuck into your garage and put it on your car…although, that might be pretty hilarious (as long as they didn’t do any damage ) Get over it. This is not a huge insult flung at you. Unlike some of the comments you are making about someone else’s opinions.

3) Do y’all really feel better after a round of “Who can make up the funniest Rice insult?” I have got to say, I enjoy the, so-called, amateur modifications more than I do the racially-undertone, amateur comedy

4) I believe Victor’s point was that the kit was designed with performance in mind. C-West tends to take designs from their race cars and make products that are as true to the original race part design as possible and sell it. It's not exactly a new concept. Some of you may have heard the saying "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday." Well, we just don't get to see the races here in the States.

Now whether this person will ever use the car in a situation that they will benefit from the high-speed downforce, none of us can say.

Victor does tend to take a very strong stance on this issue and people harass him big time because of it. Ironically, he gets so worked up because people won't let it go.

JD

PS

It's a Show car, folks.
Thank you, absolutely well put...took the words right out of my mouth...
Old 12-20-2002, 06:21 PM
jran76

JD

PS

It's a Show car, folks.

Agreed.... I would normally not even post in a thread like this, but I have read so many threads just like this is gets old. It is fine to state your opinion, but if there is nothing of significance to point out, spare us all. C-West is one of the most reputable makers of body kits in the world. I personally do not care for the wing, but it's not my car..... More power to those that do like it, and there is nothing wrong with them for doing so. Sorry for the rant, but this is how forums go to %#@!.....
Old 12-20-2002, 08:02 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by VQracer
You guys are ignorant. There is a differance between rice and race. So when you watch Le Mans 24hrs., then I guess you call those cars "RICE" too huh?
Why do you get away with calling people names on here? You are ignorant if you think that car will ever even see a racetrack!! That is the definition of "rice." You need to stop acting like every time someone calls something "rice" it's a personal attack against you!! The only race they should ever do to that car is race it right into a wall.

Last edited by raceboy; 12-20-2002 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:32 PM
mpol99

Thumbs down rice

Wow, I knew some retard would do it sooner or later, hahaha. That is ridiculous. I hope I never have look at something like this in real life. I'd puke.

IMO, a spoiler this big (or any aluminum wing) looks GAY, on ANY street car. And since this looks like a street car to me, it is GAY, & it's rice. No offense to anyone with one of those spoilers on their car........ Glad my Z is safe
Old 12-21-2002, 12:41 PM
rai

Originally posted by raceboy
That is the definition of "rice." You need to stop acting like every time someone calls something "rice" it's a personal attack against you!! The only race they should ever do to that car is race it right into a wall.
that's VQ's dad's car so it is a personal attack.

J/K
Old 12-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Traffic

JD

PS

It's a Show car, folks.
Preach on! The most overused word on this forum is rice. I wish the mods would just ban it, but then half the people on the forum would have no way to express themselves.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:29 PM
TheOne

Default Just my 2cents...

So what many are saying is that it is "rice" because it will never "see" the track? What if the car was used on the track? Then what? It would have absolutely all hte same things on it but now its only used on the track whenever?
If you think the car is absolutely horendous or hideous, thats your opinion and everyone is more then entitled to their own opinion. Its like "eye of the beholder" kind of thing, many may find it good looking and many may find it ugly as hell. Beauty is subjective, there is no clear definitions of beautiful and ugly. To each his own, whatever you want to do your car, even though many may find your modifications ugly and some find it fanastic, ultimately it is up to you...
The term rice is offensive because it stereotyping something. Just because it has a "big" spoiler and some stickers, it is automatically considered rice. Its a stereotypical term, and it becomes offensive. If you dont like being stereotyped or dont mind being stereotyped, dont do the same. Even though it MIGHT not see the track and will never be used for more then a show car...its not your car and theres no need to label it "rice" because its something you dont like or wouldnt do to your own car...
All in all, why would you want to add an exhaust or rims to you car? Cause you like the way it is...we dont call it rice, even though many of you dont even use it for the track...so stop labeling stuff "rice" because you dont agree with it...

Kip
Old 12-21-2002, 02:06 PM
roberto350z

*yawn*
Old 12-21-2002, 03:08 PM
Ohio350z

Comon get off your high horses. 99% of people driving around with big *** wings on their cars have never been on a track and never will. They do it for a look. This look im my opionion is absurd. It doesn't fit the lines of the car and it is just way to big.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:32 PM
TheOne

Originally posted by Ohio350z
Comon get off your high horses. 99% of people driving around with big *** wings on their cars have never been on a track and never will. They do it for a look. This look im my opionion is absurd. It doesn't fit the lines of the car and it is just way to big.
what are you talking about? where are you from...i cant say i know plenty of people with big wings...but i know a few that does goto the track and at the track theres several more...
Old 12-21-2002, 07:40 PM
___DJK___

http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html
Old 12-22-2002, 03:35 AM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Those wings make the cars look like a homeless persons shopping cart! The big diff is the homeless people have a clue.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:23 AM
Ohio350z

For all you huge Boeing 747 wing lovers out there here is something to consider. How will you feel when you pull up to a light in your Z with a big bolt on wing stuck to the back of your car and another guy pulls up next to you driving a riced out Honda accord. He has a huge wing on the back, a coffee can muffler, some neon (underneath, on the license plate, in the car) and has those stupid lights where the windshield wiper jets are. Your car will leave him standing still, but you look just as ridiculous as he does. You have just cheapened the look of your car. The guy in the Honda wants to make people think his car is fast. When you look at the Z, you know it is fast.

The Z is a hot ride that looks great. How many exotic cars do you see with ridiculous wings that don't match the rest of the car in regards to it design? None. The 911 whale tale goes well because it was designed for the car and it integrates seamlessly with the design. The Lamborghini does the same. Somebody will come out with a wing for the Z that will look good and will be integrated with the overall design. Most likely it will involve replacing the whole rear lift hatch. Oh and for all of you who are still wondering what ricer is, I asked my neighbor's 5 year old kid to draw a picture to define it for you.
Attached Thumbnails Oh God No-ricer.gif  
Old 12-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Ohio350z

Ah, VQRACER. This is a forum. You posted your comments and now that you don't like the response you are going to post a rule saying what?

I don't want to start a cat fight over this but open debate about whether you like something or not is what this is all about. This is what makes the forums interesting. I suggest you don't abuse your power as a moderator by trying to post rules about what people can or can't say. All you can do is address whether someone is conducting themselves in an appropriate manner.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:42 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by VQracer
I agree. I'm going to propse a new rule about this matter. I hate reading people's BS.
Retarded. 90% of what you read on forums is ppls opinions. Take that away and see what you have.
Old 12-22-2002, 11:03 PM
raceboy
Banned

Oh, so I guess you only like to read your own B.S. then V.Q? Please, give me a F***ING BREAK! Grow up!! (BTW, just so I don't get another stupid yellow card; the "grow up" statement was not an ageist statement. I would say the same thing to anyone here ,regardless of their age, who makes statements like VQ is prone to making at times. People of any age can be immature.)