Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Port/polish guinea pigs, flowbenched, guaranteed increased CFM

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 10:22 PM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niceguy is back. I am still waiting for all the pics and dyno info you were going to supply from the last time your were here.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:27 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill consider it. but the big question is, how long is the turn around time? and if we need a mechanic to remove the cylinder heads, do you cover that too?

oh and of course, you should offer some proof that you are who you say you are and we wont get stiffed or robbed or returned junk products.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:31 AM
MardiGrasMax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently purchased a used VQ35DE. I may only be using the short block, I have to check the head gaskets between the VQ35 and VQ30 to see if all the fluid passages are close so I can use my VQ30 heads so my intake manifold will fit.

I might be interested in parting with the heads. They are from a 02' Maxima with 10k miles. All the part numbers are the same as a 350Z & Altima. I am perhaps two to three weeks from having the heads off the block.

Nice guy, if you could do some work on a set of VQ30DE heads for me perhaps we can work a deal if you want a core set?

matchoup@hotmail.com
Old 12-26-2002, 09:15 AM
Emax02

Originally posted by NiceGuy
Actually, I can do work on any type of head you have. I'd REALLY like to get hold of my own vehicle, but can't afford one right now.

I would have the heads in my possession for about a week, no more.

Also, if anyone is planning on high hp forced induction or nitrous applications, I can duplicate the stock rods and pistons and provide a complete internals "kit" for anyone looking for lots of power and reliability. All I would need is one stock piston, and one stock rod. Pistons and rods would be forged, and balanced.

Pretty intersting. Any chance this offer applys to a 2002 maxima? Or would you be willing to port out the heads on my 2002? What would the price be and total turn around time? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2002, 10:42 AM
wizeline

where are you located...?

I have been cosidering a forged, balanced set of internals, but I can only work with someone I have met.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Smooth350

Where is your shop at in houston?
Old 12-26-2002, 04:15 PM
KMAKAZ

Talking Ah, port this!

Niceguy, I happen to be the proud owner of a 2002 Indain Chief with a 100 CI V-twin. Hows about a port and polish job on that?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:22 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Did you ever post before and after graphs on the Altima motor?

(not a Z owner yet, just curious, since I've been wondering what could be done with a port/polish/3 angle valve grind.)
Old 12-26-2002, 05:36 PM
wizeline

Nice Guy,

Tanks for the polite response and not taking my coment personally. I am dieing to pump some F-1 technology into my 350Z. I am just really concerned with wasting my time.

If you can e-mail me directly (wizeline@yahoo.com) I would like to contact you and chat about possibilities, and what type of financial imput / potental gains we are talking about.

I hate to sound like a jerk (please don't take it that way) but if you can also fill me in on some of your past experience and let em know who you are. I know there are alot of wanna be gear heads in here that talk about engines but have neve leveled a RB26DETT head with two straight edges and a ruler.

I would love to find an experienced machinist that can create F-1 quality work without the 1.5 Mil price tag. A bit much to ask for I know.

San Jose have tons of parts places but I haven't found the skilled hands to do the work yet.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:36 PM
nosuchsol

Hey NiceGuy,

Have you had a chance to tool around with any of the other VQ engines? And what kind of difference between a 3-angle and 5-angle valve-job. Is it mostly just a better seat position for the valve and head?

Thanks
Drew
Old 12-27-2002, 04:56 AM
The Flash

Hey Niceguy(Stephen)

What is the name of your shop? I live in H-town had two corvettes I took to MTI and I have 350Z on the way. Your offer sounds interesting.
Old 12-28-2002, 05:40 AM
zeeboy

Default Port and polish and cc heads

Not sure exactly what is planned for heads but may not see increase in performance on Z you see in Camaro. My experience is that heads on American cars were not very clean castings etc., and therefore had much greater benefit from porting to clean out (sometimes major) imperfections. Heads on Z likely to be very clean, and assumed close on cc.

Does anyone have specs on balancing engine components, rods, pistons, etc. for the Z.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:51 AM
InternetABYSS

Default Re: Port/polish guinea pigs, flowbenched, guaranteed increased CFM

Originally posted by NiceGuy
Ok, I posted a while back about an Altima 3.5 I was working on. We gained a GOOD deal of hp with a few minor bolt ons and some bowl porting and a nice 3 angle valve job.

Here's my proposition:

If anyone would like to be a guinea pig, I will do a full street port and polish on our flowbench for a VERY cheap price. The increase in CFM will be documented, and I will pay for before and after dyno runs.

Procedure:

You dyno your vehicle, and list all your mods. (Paid by me) Minimal mods preferred, as I would like to have a good baseline to go from.

You or a mechanic remove your two cylinder heads from your motor.

Ship them to me.

I ship them back to you.

You or a mechanic replace the heads.

Dyno again, (paid by me).

I'm confident that on an otherwise stock motor, you will see gains of AT LEAST 10-20 whp, again, I say AT LEAST.

This modification is a MUST for anyone choosing the all motor route. The infamous "heads and cam" LS1 motors you see running the streets, including my current 9 second full interior LS1 built by my grandfather's shop (the guys doing the work), all have aggressive cams with flowbenched heads to boot.

My original intention was to obtain my own 350Z, and do my own independent testing and get a dyno sheet out to the public, but my plans have been halted by my new project car; '92 240SX coupe w/SR20DET motor.

Now, I turn to the public. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Flames, challenges, questions, comments, rudeness, all welcome.

Cheers,
-Stephen

Im in Dallas....I would be willing to go to houston for a weekend or more....lets talk turkey....

Jason

214-488-8433

Quick Reply: Port/polish guinea pigs, flowbenched, guaranteed increased CFM