Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

KJR pulleye owners... what is you opnion on them... how do they preform

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:11 PM
zmespeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation KJR pulleye owners... what is you opnion on them... how do they preform

i have the pulleye but the bolt on the stock one is a ***** to get off. tried every trick in the book, is it worth all the effort that i must go threw to get it on. does it make a little differecne or a noticable differance.. in revs power..l.other. thanks in advance
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

it is a ***** to get off, i tried to do it myself (without using the method of putting the bar on the ground and turning over the motor letting it do it itself) so i had a buddy of mine that has a shop do it, he did it that way and it came right off, so i felt pretty dumb. That was before summer, and I am pretty sure that I noticed a nice gain from it initially. No dyno around here, not yet anyway. I was definately glad I didnt have to deal with different belts or underdrive... those were the two main reasons I got the KJR... but i would recommend it
Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
sisco534

I got the UR crank pulley , OEM is a biatch to get off...I tried then took to shop charged me 85.00 but that included 2 new belts(UR SAYS NO BELT CHANGE BUT THEY ARE WRONG).....It is all about the wieght UR weighs 1.6 pounds and stock weighs 6.4 pounds. I can spin tires in 1st gear with ease(used to have to pop clutch). I think if you are going FI KJR is the choice but you may get a little better gain from UR but hell they are all the same but the weight is where it helps, it revs faster too.Best mod I had so far.Time to dyno again before the Pulley 248.9 whp I need more power it gets adictive as drugs. Easy DIY if you can get the damn OEM off.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

I just had the UR pulley installed today and I love it. I can tell an increase in power. The OEM pulley was a ***** to get off. I had a shop do it and they had to use a chain wrench to get the old pulley off.

So far so good. No belt squeaking etc. I am very happy with the mod.