Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Flow Bench Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 06:01 AM
MardiGrasMax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone is interested, Ive got a set of VQ35 heads for sale...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=15665
Old 01-08-2003, 03:03 PM
menehune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of designs have you gotten so far?
an "octopus-like" one where the throttle body is in the middle and oriented in a down-draft position?
a tuned-port version like the chevy's?
a tuned-port crossflow version that has longer runners than the tuned-port one above for better numbers higher in the rpm?
how about a dual throttle-body with each throttle-body feeding half of the cylinders?
okay I'll shut up.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:51 AM
dougrace zs

We allready like the lay out of the manifold short runners for good high rpm hp we need to raise the ft of the plenum to let the front cylinders breath better.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Driven

Dougrace Zs,

This is maybe a lot to ask...but ask away I will: Any chance we can get you to post a picture or two of your progress. Not to give away secrets or anything...but to keep us fed? I'm so damned tired of waiting for everything from the car itself to every possible upgrade that I just feel much more at ease when I can "SEE" the progress of something I plan to buy when it comes available! Are you fabricating this with the intent that the current plastic cover will fit/cover it....and if not, please, please make it a piece of art we are proud to open our hoods to show!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:31 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by Driven
Are you fabricating this with the intent that the current plastic cover will fit/cover it....and if not, please, please make it a piece of art we are proud to open our hoods to show!
I can answer this: Doug has already tossed his plastic cover! (Well it is hanging on the wall in the shop, never to go on again)

The piece of art is the engine, not a piece of $2 plastic with a $15 emblem on it.

On a technical note, from how the new plenum was explained to me, the top-front will be higher and wont even allow for the stock STB. A new STB will be made to replace stock.

If you cant be proud to show all that off, even with the extra HP, then you may want to consider another mod or even modify the plastic cover to fit for yourself.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Driven

Damn...someone's touchy! Any reason you feel a need to take things out on others? Low self esteem? Questions about your own manhood?

If you reread my post I never said I thought the stock plastic cover was a piece of art! But it is clean looking and what I'm suggesting is that this new block of aluminum not be purely function, although, this in itself is something I'd be proud of. What I am suggesting is that it be machined in such a way as to look as good as it's increased hp feels!

Go take some Prozac and get back to us after your days seem a bit brighter.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:52 AM
VandyZ

Damn...someone's touchy! Any reason you feel a need to take things out on others? Low self esteem? Questions about your own manhood?

If you reread my post I never said I thought the stock plastic cover was a piece of art! But it is clean looking and what I'm suggesting is that this new block of aluminum not be purely function, although, this in itself is something I'd be proud of. What I am suggesting is that it be machined in such a way as to look as good as it's increased hp feels!

Go take some Prozac and get back to us after your days seem a bit brighter.
hehe

Ok,OK so the "The piece of art is the engine, not a piece of $2 plastic with a $15 emblem on it." was alittle touchy.

I hve been playing co-workers in MK2 our new office arcade and have been getting creamed. . .even by the women! (I did beat my boss though) Just alittle upset.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Driven

So my questioning of your manhood wasn't off base?

But seriously...thanks for some of the additional feedback on the details. It would be pretty handsome if the top of the new system had a big *** "Z" machined into it...wouldn't it? I'm not a big fan of the sticker craze myself...looks a little ricey.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:08 AM
VandyZ

So my questioning of your manhood wasn't off base?
Great now I have to hear it form board members too. Oh well I guess I could leave early and enjoy the 60 degree weather today riding with the windows down in the Z!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:19 AM
ColecatZ

whatever the shape.....It will look good polished.

So I could care less as long as it is polishable.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Driven

Damn...first you make fun of me and then you "kind of" apologize or at least give an explaination....then you follow up by looking to see where I live and rub that 60 degree **** in my face.

You're not a nice man! Meanie.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Driven

Oops, I meant "crap". Sorry.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:23 PM
MardiGrasMax

Doug,

I came up with 51.5cc on the first try, I will try again tomorrow to validate this. What did you get?