Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Short shifter (and yes ive read a lot of searches)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Daytona350Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short shifter (and yes ive read a lot of searches)

Ive been reading for about an hour on short throw shifters, experiences, installations etc. Im just curious in some threads people were saying they lost nearly seconds in 1/4, dynod higher hp? (dont get that one at all!!!) and said that it almost eliminated missing shifts?

I wouldnt say im the best shifter in the world, but i can speed shift better then any guy that races in my area... my shifts are known to people all over... dont know why, its natural... but anyway would it benefit me considering my shifts are kinda flawless as is. Can i acheive the stated gains as above? etc...

EDIT

Heres the post where the guy talks about a 15hp gain?
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=short+throw

Last edited by Daytona350Texas; 11-17-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daytona350Texas
Ive been reading for about an hour on short throw shifters, experiences, installations etc. Im just curious in some threads people were saying they lost nearly seconds in 1/4, dynod higher hp? (dont get that one at all!!!) and said that it almost eliminated missing shifts?

I wouldnt say im the best shifter in the world, but i can speed shift better then any guy that races in my area... my shifts are known to people all over... dont know why, its natural... but anyway would it benefit me considering my shifts are kinda flawless as is. Can i acheive the stated gains as above? etc...

EDIT

Heres the post where the guy talks about a 15hp gain?
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=short+throw

lol dude, he said "but dyno" as in BUTT dyno. he feels like it gave him 15hp but it was obviously sarcasm.

but as far as the shifter is concerned, i too have been wanting to do this mod for a while. the only thing a short shifter will do for you is give you a shorter throw, obviously, and more than likely, a better "feel" for the gates. i don't think it will cut seconds off of a 1/4 mile time, but maybe a tenth.