nighttrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NISMO TT confirmed

Check this out.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=
Old 01-04-2003, 04:22 PM
johnlotusboy

I noticed that the horsepower claim was "420", I thing 420 is the clue to the truth!
Old 01-04-2003, 04:55 PM
hoopjones

BS.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:00 PM
alex30327

It is true, but everyone is going to have to wait till next spring.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:37 PM
soulswimmer

Default no chance

Ready for all flames but there is NO WAY that for less than 5k Nissan would bump hp to 420 and still keep car under full warranty. Don't believe the hype. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. For what it is worth, I am using these forums to find the best info to bump up to 300 rwhp for a few grand, all the while avoiding FI and notching up the suspension a bit.
Old 01-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Importlife.com

Question

why would infiniti make available a 420hp twin turbo kit on a g35? that would then make the intro of the GTR a dud!
Old 01-04-2003, 09:17 PM
alex30327

Infinity is not introducing this! Nismo is. There is a major difference.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Importlife.com

Originally posted by alex30327
Infinity is not introducing this! Nismo is. There is a major difference.
FYI- Nismo is a subsidiary of Nissan. My contact at Nismo USA works in the same building as Nissan North America HQ in California.

I dont think Nismo is coming out with a 420hp twin turbo. If they do - AWESOME. I hope I am wrong.

Matt
www.importlife.com
Old 01-04-2003, 10:58 PM
valuetl

NISMO = Turbos ????
Old 01-04-2003, 11:08 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BS
Old 01-05-2003, 06:21 PM
myZ97

Question Z engine able to handle booost

Just wondering if the Z's engine (stock) can handle a turbo safely. I am deciding whether or not to get a z now and add a turbo later. Or wait and see if a factory turbod Z comes out. What do ya think?
Old 01-05-2003, 06:30 PM
alex30327

Originally posted by Importlife.com
FYI- Nismo is a subsidiary of Nissan. My contact at Nismo USA works in the same building as Nissan North America HQ in California.

I dont think Nismo is coming out with a 420hp twin turbo. If they do - AWESOME. I hope I am wrong.

Matt
www.importlife.com
Ask your contact at Nismo if these rumors are correct. My dealer and several others have said that a turbo is coming from Nismo for the 350Z. I was told by the owner of a major dealership that a turbo would be coming out in 2003 for the Z. Now it is possible that everyone I have talked with is wrong, but I really doubt it.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:39 PM
TJZ

Default Re: Z engine able to handle booost

Originally posted by myZ97
Just wondering if the Z's engine (stock) can handle a turbo safely. I am deciding whether or not to get a z now and add a turbo later. Or wait and see if a factory turbod Z comes out. What do ya think?
Noone will know the strength of the Z's engine until someone tries it.

A turbo'ed stock model of the Z, if one ever comes (which i seriously doubt), would be a LONG time from now. IMO, with the new GTR, we will NEVER see a turbo'ed Z from the factory.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:41 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by alex30327
Ask your contact at Nismo if these rumors are correct. My dealer and several others have said that a turbo is coming from Nismo for the 350Z. I was told by the owner of a major dealership that a turbo would be coming out in 2003 for the Z. Now it is possible that everyone I have talked with is wrong, but I really doubt it.
Nismo never has offered turbo kits before. I doubt we will see any from them in the future.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:42 AM
TCL

If the third party aftermarket competition is working on forced induction why wouldn't NISMO being working on it also? Seems logical from a business standpoint.

Concerning the upcoming Skyline, that vehicle will probably have enough extras beyond the turbo (e.g. all wheel drive) that the high end buyer will still go for it rather than a normally aspirated G35 with bolt-on FI.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Vlad

Dealer as a source of information? C'mon let's be reasonable.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Zakira

The current issue of Motor Trend has a little piece on the Nismo 350Z which lists the Nismo parts that are already available. The article ends by saying something like "wait until the Turbo Z and the convertible Z arrive in the spring," which led me to believe that a Turbo IS coming out. By Nissan (as a new model) or by Nismo (aftermarket kit) is unclear, unfortunately.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:46 AM
digerydingo

I love this stuff because it's just like watching a game of telephone. First a memo goes through Nissan NA managers that says something like... "we are conducting a surevey and would be interested in your responce to the idea of selling Nismo parts through dealerships. For those of you who don't know (because your in it for the money and you don't know $hit about $**** when it comes to cars) Nismo has been creating performance products for Nissan for nearly 20 years and include exhaust systems, suspension upgrades and power enhancements such as turbochargers. We plan on supplying performance products to such car lines at the Maxima, Altima and new 350Z. Blah blah blah"

Managers go to dealers "hey got this memo about uhhh... Misno or something like that, says there going to make turbo chargers for our cars and they want it to go through you guys, you up for it?" "Hang on let me talk to my guys"

Dealer goes to salesmen "Hey manager just called up said Misno but I think he means Nismo performance stuff is going to be sold through us, you think you guys could use that?" "Yeah I heard of them before let me talk to Bill in service about it"

Salesmen goes to bill "Hey Nismo's going to be sold through us what do you know about them" "I heard they got a Skyline pushing 1000bhp to the wheels man, thats some krazy $hit, I hope they bring there stuff here" "Uh yeah manager from Nissan said something about turbo chargers and 350z's and stuff" "REALLY sweet I bet it's a system that uses like a turbo per cylinder, must push 700bhp easy" "No $hit, will it be under warranty?" "That would be cool, maybe the owner will install our own dyno then cause we'd need to tune it every day, then we could even buy one of those factory racers and......." "Bill, Bill! you allright... BILL! Oh well I'm sure he knows what he's talking about afterall he reads those magazines everyday"

You go to salesmen "I heard Nissan is goin to be selling Nismo through dealers" "You going to buy the car if we are" "Don't know maybe" "Well just between you and me I talked to the president of Nissan Motor Company yesterday, yeah no $hit, he says Nismo is making a twin turbo charged system for the 350Z, coverered under warranty and make like 450bhp to rear wheels and we can install it for you at $3000" "Really, no way!" "Hey I heard from the big man himself and that guy never lies, if you buy the car now I'll even throw in %15 off the Nismo turbo kit for you and let you race the car even under lease, provided you get extra paint protection, udercoating and cold weather upgrades" "But I live in So Cal" "El Ninio dumb a$$ don't you watch the news..."

Please forgive my sarcasm but I just can't bring myself to beleive it's actualy going to happen. I could see Nismo being sold through dealers and have suspension kits, intakes exhaust, wheels and tires, shift **** and pedals, but not a 420hp TT warranty kit for under $5K.

Quick Reply: NISMO TT confirmed