Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine Torque Damper - need a volunteer in Denver, CO region.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:37 AM
jdudzik

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Holy crap. I was looking at that pic, and it looks like there is a huge brace across the front of the motor. Is that part of the ETD setup?

Yeah the brace is part of the bracket kit and is very strong indeed.

Wanted to add that shifting has became much smoother with this, especially in cold weather. Wheel hop is minimized tremendously. Plus it's adjustable to your tastes.

I will post pics when I get home working right now.

retail quote was around 200$

edit uploaded pic
Attached Thumbnails Engine Torque Damper - need a volunteer in Denver, CO region.-compressed350z.jpg  

Last edited by jdudzik; 01-25-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:48 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jdudzik

Wanted to add that shifting has became much smoother with this, especially in cold weather. Wheel hop is minimized tremendously. Plus it's adjustable to your tastes.

That usually happens on a fwd car. Don't know how an engine brace help reduce wheel hop on a rwd car?
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:59 AM
liudacris

can you post pics, so that we don't have to register with 350motoring

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007 | 12:19 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by jdudzik

It looks from that pic though that this will definitely not work with us who have superchargers.
Old 01-27-2007 | 05:33 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Doesn't look like it will work for people who have the crawford or APS strut bar either. If It does I would have one.
Old 02-05-2007 | 07:06 AM
IngallsEng

Wow, talk about sending a lamb off to slaughter...
First, Robert, I know you from Pirates (STiMonSTAR) and a few other boards here in Colorado. I will personally hand you a finished ETD for all the trouble (even if I have to buy it out of inventory with my money) all I ask for is some feedback after you've played with it for a while. Hit me up on here or at DanJ@IngallsEng.com and I'll get you my cell phone number. Rob and Grant seem to have both let you down quite a bit on this whole deal.
Second, I have no idea about the fitment with aftermarket strut tower bars, but I'll do some digging and see if I can figure out if our product will fit (fingers crossed). The supercharged Zs would probably benefit more from our product (more torque equals more twist), but sadly I think that our damper mount directly conflicts with the supercharger.
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:02 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Originally Posted by IngallsEng
Wow, talk about sending a lamb off to slaughter...
First, Robert, I know you from Pirates (STiMonSTAR) and a few other boards here in Colorado. I will personally hand you a finished ETD for all the trouble (even if I have to buy it out of inventory with my money) all I ask for is some feedback after you've played with it for a while. Hit me up on here or at DanJ@IngallsEng.com and I'll get you my cell phone number. Rob and Grant seem to have both let you down quite a bit on this whole deal.
Second, I have no idea about the fitment with aftermarket strut tower bars, but I'll do some digging and see if I can figure out if our product will fit (fingers crossed). The supercharged Zs would probably benefit more from our product (more torque equals more twist), but sadly I think that our damper mount directly conflicts with the supercharger.
Thanks. You have a PM.
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:07 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

When do you think these are going to be available for purchase? I used to have a Stillen ETD, but my JWT twins would have interfered with it, and so I had to remove it when the JWT's were installed.

Dave
Old 02-05-2007 | 11:19 AM
eat rice z33

when is this being released. ive been waiting for so long. getting annoyed
Old 02-05-2007 | 12:37 PM
IngallsEng

We are getting all of the mounts coated currently and should have kits ready to ship in about a month. We don't do direct sales, but there are plenty of great shops that do (even a few board sponsors I think). MSRP will as always be difficultly high, but street price should be about $180-210. I'll post some pictures of the finished product, packaging, and information when I take Robert his kit.
Old 02-07-2007 | 06:56 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Update...

Just off the phone with Dan. He knows customer service!!! We are both working together to get an Engine Damper to me shortly. I'm really interested in getting it installed and testing it out both on the street and the track. I will give my review hopefully w/in 2-3wks tops and after the March 9th HPDE day at PMI.

Also... Please don't let my past comments about InGalls reflex their current employees. The personal I was working with before do not reflex Dan & InGalls. I'm happy to hear they have left Ingalls. Thanks again Dan and look forward to working with you.
Old 02-07-2007 | 06:59 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

Originally Posted by IngallsEng
We are getting all of the mounts coated currently and should have kits ready to ship in about a month. We don't do direct sales, but there are plenty of great shops that do (even a few board sponsors I think). MSRP will as always be difficultly high, but street price should be about $180-210. I'll post some pictures of the finished product, packaging, and information when I take Robert his kit.
Well, let us know when they are ready, and I will be in line to buy one. Of course, I'm in the Springs area as well, and I'd be willing to purchase one ahead of time, and do a review on a FI G....

Dave
Old 02-07-2007 | 07:05 AM
IngallsEng

Robert, thanks for the thumbs up, to be honest I was glad that we could figure out a way to get a damper for you and resolve the issues caused by previous employees.
Like previously mentioned, the APS and Crawford bars will conflict with our design. The bolt that holds the damper to our mounting bracket would run into the APS/Crawford bars' mounting plates. However, our kit should work with many of the aftermarket turbo kits available for the Z.
~edit~ Dave, I'll see what we can do, there are some local vendors that will probably be able to get this to you much quicker than the national guys. We do drop ship for quite a few of them as well. The car sounds sick though, G coupe with a TT setup...man am I kicking myself for buying an STi.

Last edited by IngallsEng; 02-07-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-07-2007 | 07:31 AM
eat rice z33

Alright ill wait LOL if you guys need anyone else to test it let me know. Im used to testing products for street/track cars. I had tested many parts for fushigi race engineering 2 years back with my honda!
Old 02-07-2007 | 08:14 AM
IngallsEng

I really wish I could give out more to the real enthusiasts (like you ^ and others in this thread), but sadly I have a very limited number available for testing (read: free). Hopefully the reviews done by Robert and Jdudzik will entice you into trying it yourself.
Thanks for offering though,
Dan
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:24 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2
Premier Member

One local vendor in Denver (the guys who did my JWT install) who is really good is Bill at MACAutosport. They would probably be willing to work with you.

We've got a track day at PMI coming up March 9th, and I would love to have one before that, but I know how these things work. Wasn't looking for anything free, just faster.

Dave
Old 02-07-2007 | 11:11 AM
eat rice z33

i wouldnt be interested in any reduced price either. simply getting it built faster
Old 02-07-2007 | 11:32 AM
IngallsEng

The beauty part is the kit is built, now it just gets some zinc coating to make the mounts look pretty and boxed up for shipments. I'll have them done before March for sure (funny March 9th is my 25th b-day). Dave for local guys there are a few shops that do a great job on pricing of our product and could even be had next day/two day at no additional shipping cost. For the national guys I expect that most companies already have these listed on their websites (I found two already "selling" them). If you order one toward the last week in Feb. you should be able to snag one very quickly.
I don't want to ***** up this thread much more than I already have, but if anyone needs addition information, has some concerns, an extra million in hard currency they want to give away shoot those all over to me at DanJ@IngallsEng.com (for the cash I've give you a physical address).
Thanks

Last edited by IngallsEng; 02-07-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2007 | 09:20 AM
IngallsEng

These kits will get ready to ship by the end of this week, I hope to make a trip down to the Springs shortly to get Robert his kit (the weekend after next). I expect that the street price will be right around the same as my previous post about it. I hope that once I get Jonathan back in for final part fitment and get one on Robert's car that we can get some high quality images up.
Dan
Old 02-13-2007 | 09:27 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap
Premier Member

Sounds GREAT Dan! Can't wait to test it out!

Quick Reply: Engine Torque Damper - need a volunteer in Denver, CO region.