Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Just installed the KJR crank pulley...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed the KJR crank pulley...

Just wanted to say thanks to Booger who sold me the pulley and to Danny (GReddySetGO ) from Interity Auto for installing it. Both guys were really great to do business with.

First impression was how much heavier the stock pulley was compared to the KJR. Plus the KJR seems to be a very well designed pulley. Danny was able to install it in probably less than an hour and so far no squeeks, wobbles, etc.

As far as how it performs...it's..okay. of course if you go withthe dyno supplied by KJR your expectations are high (even though in the back of your head the numbers may be inflated). they claim a 7.9whp/ 4.8 lbs.of tq gain. i'm not quite sure it's that high. I AM pleased that the needle jumps a bit freely now...where as at 1/2 throttle it would labor to reach 4K...not it gets there a lot faster. and that was all i was really expecting. worth the $110 i paid for definately.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:53 PM
sisco534

I felt the same with the UR pulley, nice cheap mod.I dont have a dyno yet wanted couple more mods feels like maybe 5whp, breaks the wheels easy now in 1st
Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 PM
cvt

yeah it's a good little mod. after fearing the whole harmonic balancer thing i read up that the VQs are internally balanced and that altimas have been running aftermarket crank pullies for years safely.

i went on the freeway and it definately pulls harder from 3K on up...

I can't wait on my hotchkis sways and stillen duals soon