Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:24 AM
ACES_OVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Shifter

I wrote a post about a short shifter problem and someone replied that the short shifter will cause tranny problems.

I just went to Nissan about 2 weeks before i installed the short shifter because i am getting a whole new tranny, cluck and pedal assembly.

If nissan sees the short shifter installed will they mess with me regarding the tranny replacement. Also does a short shifter mess with the Tranny.

John
Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 AM
A_16

probably.......nissan will blame ur tranny on ur intake................ lol sad but true
Old 01-10-2006, 10:21 AM
ACES_OVER

Originally Posted by A_16
probably.......nissan will blame ur tranny on ur intake................ lol sad but true

Would you guys suggest taking the short shifter back out until Nissan puts in the new tranny, cluck and pedal assembly.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 AM
mavtais

talk to the nissan dealer and find out what kind of dealer they are. Are they motorsport-enthusiast-type dealer, that actually knows the difference between Nismo parts and Track model parts? Or are they window sticker people?
The nissan dealer by me is a motorsports-enthusiast-type and asked me if I wanted a Supercharger installed.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
ACES_OVER

Originally Posted by mavtais
talk to the nissan dealer and find out what kind of dealer they are. Are they motorsport-enthusiast-type dealer, that actually knows the difference between Nismo parts and Track model parts? Or are they window sticker people?
The nissan dealer by me is a motorsports-enthusiast-type and asked me if I wanted a Supercharger installed.

See thats the thing, it is hard to tell with these people, the parts are already ordered and i am just waiting on the pedal assembly. I just don't want there to be any hassles but also don't feel ike removing the short shifter either.