Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Got my car back from 7500 mile maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Daytona350Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my car back from 7500 mile maintenance

My dealership found that my aftermarket pulley (UR) is wobbling, intake filter was on crooked... (dunno) and was oily (just reoiled it last night) i need 2 new tires in back, oil pan could be damaged from noticing an oil leak, OPSU damaged (dunno what that is)...

My dealership is modfriendly so they had no problems with checking all this and letting me know the headsup of what could be potentially wrong with all of this.

But im just curious if anyone has gone thru any of these things at the top, and ways to fix them. Figured ill just re-install pulley completely, filter is actually fine dont see what they mean by crooked, tires i knew i needed anyway, dunno anything about the oil pan or it being damaged cause it isnt leaking oil as of right now... and OPSU dunno what that is anyways
Old 01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
plumpzz

OPSU is oil pressure sending unit, its a electrical part. Oil pans are pretty hard to leak at 7500 miles, wtf are u doing lol. Pulley's are stupid, just uninstall it, intake.. mines oily too :-p.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by plumpzz
OPSU is oil pressure sending unit, its a electrical part. Oil pans are pretty hard to leak at 7500 miles, wtf are u doing lol. Pulley's are stupid, just uninstall it, intake.. mines oily too :-p.
so does the OPSU need to be replaced? it didnt specify on the writeup... and i dunno about the oil pan, like i said i havnt seen an oil leak... but i rag the car nicely, race just about every night type scenario... etc, pulley i did feel a nice response difference so id rather keep it buy i guess ill just take it out and start over considering we rushed the install anyway... and oily intake (i guess ill see results of overly oily when i install the spacer that comes in and notice blue oil specs in my plenum )
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 AM
Nano

Originally Posted by plumpzz
if the pulley is wobbling it means it's either installed wrong or the seal is broken.

Nothing to do with the aftermarket pulley itself. A friend's 350z had the same problem with the stock pulley at around 7000 miles... seals replaced in warranty, problem fixed
Old 01-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Daytona350Texas

well thats weird cause a mechanic (that helped put pulley in) said that its leaking a little oil and that the seal is probably damaged (because the stock crank pulley was cracked). But heres my deal, I dont think nissan will fix the seal under warranty cause of the aftermarket pulley, BUT heres the twist! Nissan was supposed to fix the cracked crank pulley and never did! So now they have on records that they fixed it, and I HAVE the pulley proving they didnt, could i get the seal replaced under warranty since they never fixed what they said they were fixing?