Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Ok im stuck with a dilemma help plz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Daytona350Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok im stuck with a dilemma help plz!!!

Alright well im getting my refund back and its a little over a grand left (after bills/CC payed off) and i need to know, im just STUCK on what to do with it.

I really need tires, but the set of nittos I wanna go with installed/turned/etc will easily run me the WHOLE 1000

I obviously want my Z faster always, and I wanna get a turbo and I could just be 1000 closer to that (which will cost me about 8-10k depending what route I go)

Appearence, I really am falling in love with the Gia Cuzzo spoiler but getting it here from Germany will cost me about 700, then paint would only be like 50-100 cause family, and i wouldnt mind starting my blue/black scheme with overlays (cost under 100 for all I need) painted door handles, and shaved emblems.

Also I wanna powdercoat my rims black and leave polished lip, which will easily run me 500...

I just cant decide, all are VERY beneficial and some are needed more then other (tires)

So I know even with yalls advice it may not make me fully decide but it will put thoughts in my head i might be missing, i know you know what i mean. So please throw your .02cents in on if you can!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Daytona350Texas

Oh and just remembered I can get a UTEC with the money as well and save myself later when I do go TT.

So now theres even more jotted down on the dang list
Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 AM
zzzya

I would just put it aside for now since you can't decide. Tires are of course pretty essential but not necessarily fun to pay for when you know you could spend that money elsewhere. Depending of you current mods, the UTEC and a good tune could yield nice results that could either curb your turbo desires or get you wanting more of the same, but depending on the turbo solution you purchase, some have decent tuning solutions already packaged in them. Another option would be to prepare for the turbo with a flywheel/clutch upgrade if you have a 6MT.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:14 AM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not buy used tires...
Old 01-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Daytona350Texas

Originally Posted by zzzya
I would just put it aside for now since you can't decide. Tires are of course pretty essential but not necessarily fun to pay for when you know you could spend that money elsewhere. Depending of you current mods, the UTEC and a good tune could yield nice results that could either curb your turbo desires or get you wanting more of the same, but depending on the turbo solution you purchase, some have decent tuning solutions already packaged in them. Another option would be to prepare for the turbo with a flywheel/clutch upgrade if you have a 6MT.
yeah i am really looking into the JWT fly/clutch combo, but im only 8k into my miles, and clutch just really doesnt look needed, but once it starts going out in goes a jwt fly and new clutch for sure, but very good suggestion i just dont justify getting it now

and current perf mods are, motordyne 5/16" copper thermal spacer, megan resd test pipes, UR crank pulley, popcharger and thats pretty much it, everything else was cosmetic
Old 01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
ReavTek

Honestly dude I'd look into tires. If you buy a set of kumhos it should be around $100 per tire unless you are running real large diameter wheels (I run 17s). I remember when I was riding on bald tires cause I didn't want to use money for new ones and got stuck driving 20 mph with my hazards on in a rain storm because the tires would severly hydroplane over any small puddle. You could wreck your car riding on bad tires, remember that.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:27 PM
zzzya

Whether you have 100 miles or 20,000 miles on your stock clutch, installing a TT setup with a lot of TQ and HP will do a number on that clutch quickly. Still, tires are a priority if they truly need replacing.