Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Clutch and flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:53 PM
NiSmO21z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch and flywheel?

Looking into getting a new clutch. I really wanted to get the JWT combo, but I heard about the chattering. Sum people said it sounds real bad. I kinda dont' wanna deal with that. I have enuff rattle with my Helix testpipes. Even that is sumtimes annoying. I'm guessing every upgraded flywheel does it. Is the peformance of the flywheel, worth dealing with noise? What clutch would u recommend? Just want people that have upgraded clutches tell me if it's worth it?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Dubai

You have just said the conclusion "every upgraded flywheel does it" ... no matter its JWT, RPS, ACT etc.. every lightweight flywheel will make a noise. the chattering is very minimal and dont get annoying, above 2200 RPM the noise is gone. JWT combo is def worth it.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:42 PM
350z_this

where's the cheapest i can get a combo.....
Old 02-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Dubai

Best I've seen is $775 http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...813213.42.2.22
Old 02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Find someone in your area with an upgraded clutch/flywheel combo and go for a ride/test drive. See if you can deal with it. No ones going to be able to tell you.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we will match that price / in stock too
Old 02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
BootieMAN

Default IMO / Credit Card Fraud

Seems most people here like the JWT clutch/flywheel setup. I too am one one of those people that dislikes any odd noises from mods. It seems to vary from car to car though. Some people don't hear hardly a thing, as some hear a lot.
Mine IMO is quite loud. Clutch engaged the chattering goes away. Was it still worth it? I would have to say "yes".

FYI.
I'm not accusing Coz from http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...813213.42.2.22 of anything. Until proof is produced.
This is just a heads up on what "my" situation was like.
Now I order mods here and there from varies vendors and never had any problems with credit card fraud until now. Not too long ago I placed an order to Coz at ConceptZ Performance and used my Discover Card to make the purchase. Now I look at my credit card statements over fairly well, and noticed that I had a addition unknown charge from Car Trader and another for something from Oklahoma and a AOL account. So I immediately contact Discover and cut it off.
At that point I was quite worried about purchasing online. I gave Coz the benefit of the doubt and thought that I could have some kind of spyware, etc on my pc.
So for my second order, I used a different computer that had a new OS with a different credit card. Like I mentioned, giving Coz the benefit of the doubt, I made another purchase from him. This time with a Visa card. Well guess what? When I received my credit card statement I had 3 unauthorized transactions. One for a Carfax vehicle history, another for Auto-Trader.com and Cars.com. Again, I'm not trying to point fingers, but don't you find that kind of odd? Plus all these unauthorized transactions were car related?
Learn from my mistakes, always check your credit card or bank statements. All these transactions were in $25-$44 range. Easily missed if you're not paying close attention.

-Bootay

Last edited by BootieMAN; 02-12-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM
thezedsled

How did that shake out? I was thinking about buying exhaust from COZ just because they are local and have the exhaust I want in stock. Did they ever explain the charges?
Old 02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
BootieMAN

Originally Posted by thezedsled
How did that shake out? I was thinking about buying exhaust from COZ just because they are local and have the exhaust I want in stock. Did they ever explain the charges?
I haven't gone to Coz just yet. Either way Coz or anybody for that matter will just claim their innocence. I don't expect a thief to admit to their crime. Again, not to say Coz is a thief, but talking to him will just get me nowhere, at least for the time being. There is an investigation underway, but to be totally honest with you, anytime you have credit card fraud and it's not a substantial amount, especially if it's an online order you are pretty much S.O.L.
To give credit where credit is due. He has always been very professional with me and with any questions I had.
If you are local, and this is a good idea for anyone. See if you can purchase the exhaust with good old cash. Best way IMO. Good luck.

-Bootay
Old 02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
thezedsled

Originally Posted by BootieMAN
I haven't gone to Coz just yet. Either way Coz or anybody for that matter will just claim their innocence. I don't expect a thief to admit to their crime. Again, not to say Coz is a thief, but talking to him will just get me nowhere, at least for the time being. There is an investigation underway, but to be totally honest with you, anytime you have credit card fraud and it's not a substantial amount, especially if it's an online order you are pretty much S.O.L.
To give credit where credit is due. He has always been very professional with me and with any questions I had.
If you are local, and this is a good idea for anyone. See if you can purchase the exhaust with good old cash. Best way IMO. Good luck.

-Bootay
You're right and that is one of the reasons I am trying to stay local with a purchase of this amount!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:56 AM
03track

can u say "inside job"
Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
BootieMAN

Originally Posted by 03track
can u say "inside job"
I'm sorry, but you'll have to explain by what you mean by "inside job".
Surely you cannot be accusing me of any unlawful acts.

Last edited by BootieMAN; 02-13-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 AM
03track

meaning, someone from the inside (an employee) is stealing/selling your credit card information.....im not saying that is whats happening but when an incident such as this occurs then you have to be suspicious....did you use the newer credit card at any other merchant besides them?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 AM
thezedsled

Surely you cannot be accusing me of any unlawful acts.

+1...
Old 02-13-2006, 11:23 AM
BootieMAN

Originally Posted by 03track
meaning, someone from the inside (an employee) is stealing/selling your credit card information.....im not saying that is whats happening but when an incident such as this occurs then you have to be suspicious....did you use the newer credit card at any other merchant besides them?
Gotcha...
You are correct about employees and such. I work for retail and it is very easy to become anyone you want with such little information.
To answer your question, yes I did use the Visa card before hand. They are trying to cross reference purchases made between the two credit cards.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 AM
350z_this

i say call in the FBI!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:51 AM
03track

Gotcha...
You are correct about employees and such. I work for retail and it is very easy to become anyone you want with such little information.
To answer your question, yes I did use the Visa card before hand. They are trying to cross reference purchases made between the two credit cards.

good job on catching it in time...you did yourself, your bank and visa a big favor by closely monitoring your account....9 times out of 10 small purchases like that will go unnoticed....they were most likely starting off with small amounts just to make sure it is an active account then would have eventually attempted to make a large item transaction....ie plasma tv from bestbuy.com or something.