Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Koni Suspension Development Status

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 03:19 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni Suspension Development Status

I had sent an email to Koni about when they may be offering shocks/suspension parts for the Z, letting them know if they could get an easy shock fix to the bouncing situation, they may have a lot of interest from owners. Especially if it was easily adjustable (I'm concerned with their current shocks how you could adjust in the rear, because you might not be able to reach the adjustment point with the shock on the car, but I could be confused on that).

Here is the response:

We are working on a setup for the 350Z but it will not be available until sometime this summer/fall. Thanks for writing.

Gordon

I tried to find a contact email address for Tokico, but couldn't find one on the web site. I started to call them, but was lazy I guess Bilstein might be worth contacting, too, but I don't know if they make adjustable stuff. Any others worth checking with?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Koni Suspension Development Status

Originally posted by MannishBoy
I had sent an email to Koni about when they may be offering shocks/suspension parts for the Z, letting them know if they could get an easy shock fix to the bouncing situation, they may have a lot of interest from owners. Especially if it was easily adjustable (I'm concerned with their current shocks how you could adjust in the rear, because you might not be able to reach the adjustment point with the shock on the car, but I could be confused on that).

Here is the response:

We are working on a setup for the 350Z but it will not be available until sometime this summer/fall. Thanks for writing.

Gordon

I tried to find a contact email address for Tokico, but couldn't find one on the web site. I started to call them, but was lazy I guess Bilstein might be worth contacting, too, but I don't know if they make adjustable stuff. Any others worth checking with?
I don't know their e-mail address, but one of the companies mentioned by VQ and others have found a company that is selling a damper set of Tokikos for the Z. Its in this section, just before your post, where they are starting to lisit modifcations as resources. Anyway, I am Very interested in Tokikos because I don't want change my ride height and their dampers worked well on a car I had w/ stock springs. I've tried several e-mail addresses for them, but no luck yet. Just the company so far.

Last edited by Boomer; 01-21-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:15 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Is this his sticky post at the top? It also lists Koni, who, as I just found out doesn't have anything yet.

I was just trying to figure out if there was a cheaper way than a full out TEIN suspension, and, as you say, remaining near stock height.

95% of the time, I don't get annoyed by my suspension. I'd hate to take a long trip on concrete interstates, though
Old 01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Boomer

Default TokikoGasShocks.com

Originally posted by MannishBoy
Is this his sticky post at the top? It also lists Koni, who, as I just found out doesn't have anything yet.

I was just trying to figure out if there was a cheaper way than a full out TEIN suspension, and, as you say, remaining near stock height.

95% of the time, I don't get annoyed by my suspension. I'd hate to take a long trip on concrete interstates, though
I just checked their website and they have no plans to work on shocks for the 350Z. I really hoped to get a set of their gas performance shocks to cure the last vestige of the porpoising problem, but they have a list of cars they are working on and the 350Z isn't on the list.

BTW, they state they were the OE shock supplier for the 300ZX. Were the ZX's w/o float like we have? Are they the OE supplier of the 350Z? Hmmmm...
Old 01-21-2003, 10:39 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

koni is definitely a good alternative to teins. i have koni yellows on my integra and they are awesome; height adjustable (have to jack up car first) and you can also adjust the dampening (easily done from top of struts). even on the softest settings they are still a tad stiffer than the 350z suspension.