Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

clutch not fully disengaged when pedal fully depressed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
andypandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch not fully disengaged when pedal fully depressed

to make this short...

it seems like the clutch is not fully disengaged when i depress the clutch pedal all the way. here are some symptoms i have:

1. i cannot gate gear in from a standstill, however i can gate the gear in smoothly in an upshift. much rev-match for downshifts.
2. when i cannot gate the gear in from a standstill, i turn the car off and gate the gear into 1 or R (such as getting out of my driveway), which gates in smoothly. i crank the car with the clutch pedal depressed and the car jerks appropriately to the direction in respect to the gear i shift into.
3. i have the twin disk tilton cerametallic setup... so i get major chatter when the clutch is engaged. the clutch wouldn't chatter if i fully disengage the clutch before, however started to chatter a bit because of this clutch problem.
4. interestingly... my brakes became too damn mushy as well. perhaps the fluids have been boiled... but does the clutch master cylinder work dependently with the brake master cylinder?

i can only think of a few solutions...
1. flywheel bolt loosened itself and lodged onto the disc and pressure plate for permanent contact? https://my350z.com/forum/showthre...slave+cylinder
2. clutch master/slave cylinder lines have 'boiled' fluids?
3. throwout bearing failure.
4. transmission failure.

hell.. i don't know anymore. anyone that know how to help, please chime in.

tyia.
andy.