Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Base vs. VLSD Axle Stubs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Base vs. VLSD Axle Stubs?

I got a quick question...I just got put in a Kaaz LSD and right now i have the open differential axle stubs on them. The car runs fine except for the fact that the axle stubs are setting off the speed sensors which are engaging the ABS every once in a while. I know that getting the VLSD axle stubs will solve this problem, but my question is: Do i have to get VLSD axles as well? or are the axle stub bolt patterns the same for both axles? Also, is it harmful to be driving with the open differential axles? It drives fine, since i just disconnected the speed sensors (dont have ABS right now), but i kind of want to get ABS back. Thanks
Old 05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flee0588
I got a quick question...I just got put in a Kaaz LSD and right now i have the open differential axle stubs on them. The car runs fine except for the fact that the axle stubs are setting off the speed sensors which are engaging the ABS every once in a while. I know that getting the VLSD axle stubs will solve this problem, but my question is: Do i have to get VLSD axles as well? or are the axle stub bolt patterns the same for both axles? Also, is it harmful to be driving with the open differential axles? It drives fine, since i just disconnected the speed sensors (dont have ABS right now), but i kind of want to get ABS back. Thanks
That seems pretty odd because when I installed a KAAZ in my open diff I had to install the VLSD axle stubs ot make everything work right. The VLSD stubs are unequal length and are shorter than the open diff stubs. Anyway, outer axles themselves are the same. The distance that the stubs stick out of the rear diff is identical between open and VLSD cars.