Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:58 AM
vallejomaan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<<---306hp , according to a G-timer not sure is that true or not
Old 05-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Gman2004

Making 300whp plus on the vq35 is not worth it IMO. If I was all into n/a power like some on this forum I wouldn't buy a Z or G. A C6 or C6 Z06 is a good platform for bolt ons. I just can't see spending over $5K to get 30whp on the VQ35.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Zexy

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Making 300whp plus on the vq35 is not worth it IMO. If I was all into n/a power like some on this forum I wouldn't buy a Z or G. A C6 or C6 Z06 is a good platform for bolt ons. I just can't see spending over $5K to get 30whp on the VQ35.
A C6 Z06 is another class and step of car. You're comparing apples with oranges.

I would persoanally spend thousands for NA mods on my Z than buy a GM car(American cars all get the same look from me ). But we all have our own ways of looking at things.

You fast and frugal folks crack me up though. $5k won't yield 30whp anyways.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For me achieving that level is just a process and an adventure to see if I can do it. Yes FI is a less costly alternative, but I've got another high power car already, and I've turbo'd cars that did not come that way originally....and I don't wish to do it again on a car that needs to serve daily driver status in the spring/summer months.

A Z06 is a sweet car - good luck finding one though, as they are not easy to come by (at least not in the northeast). I am not an American car guy at all, but a C6 Z06 would be loved and cherished in my driveway

While you might make 911 level power figures from the VQ, you won't achieve it's power to weight ratio. I have no delusions of grandeur about my Z becoming a poor mans GT3
Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
sja177
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
no because you are ignorant

He does not need to photoshop his dyno - he gains nothing by it, and being that he is a long time personal friend, I also know he is not ethically challenged. All his dynos were done on the machine at his place - so while the baseline and final #'s might not be "fact" the gains are the gains...and the fact remains that he gained about 50 whp on his car with his mods and his tuning. Nothing to shake a stick at.

That being said, it is on a hub type dyno, and no I dont think it would quite get to that level on a more conventional Dynojet.
Look Michael Jackson....
Your buddy did not gain 50whp with intake and exhaust, even with a "reflash".
If he did, than he would be at 296, even on a "more conventional Dynojet". But you dont think he would be, so which is it?

BTW, I used to alwyas buy stuff from you guys...but never again. Way to lose business for your company dumba$$. If your going to start name calling, and act unprofessional, do it on a different screenname.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

1. he has more than an intake and exhaust, and he does not have a reflash

2. he has the before and after dyno sheets, that he has posted each and every step of the way...all using the same dyno. More than I can say for most who post dyno sheets here.

3. READ what I wrote. I KNOW his car got around 50 whp between his mods, and his tuning, on a Dynapack, which is what Turbo XS uses inhouse. Regardless of the type of dyno used, the gains are the gains.

4. Look in the mirror. I did not call you any names. You called a trusted friend, and trusted member of the Z tuning community, a liar, and there is no reason for it. You have also never bought anything from us (I know because one of the mods you even have listed are items we have ever sold), and if you are the type that derives some sort of pleasure in acting this way, then frankly, we don't want you as a customer in the first place.

5. Your statement of opinion, that a dynojet is the "only" way to show how much power you are making, is incorrect. It is not the "only" way - it is merely another way. The ONLY way is quite simple. You have a car that weighs x amount. You have a set distance that car will accelerate through. You have a final speed at the end of that distance. Any other tool you use, from a G Tech, to a Dynapack, to a Dynojet to a Mustang, to a whatever, is just that - a tool. It is not the final say by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a tool to help you determine before and after gains. Stop being so antagonistic and inflamatory, and you might learn something from what people here contribute. Either that, or stick to posting your "kill" stories from street racing and let the rest of us actually have a discussion

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 05-14-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 PM
sja177
Banned

2. he has the before and after dyno sheets, that he has posted each and every step of the way...all using the same dyno. More than I can say for most who post dyno sheets here.

3. READ what I wrote. I KNOW his car got around 50 whp between his mods, and his tuning, on a Dynapack, which is what Turbo XS uses inhouse. Regardless of the type of dyno used, the gains are the gains.

4. Look in the mirror. I did not call you any names. You called a trusted friend, and trusted member of the Z tuning community, a liar, and there is no reason for it. You have also never bought anything from us (I know because one of the mods you even have listed are items we have ever sold), and if you are the type that derives some sort of pleasure in acting this way, then frankly, we don't want you as a customer in the first place.

5. Your statement of opinion, that a dynojet is the "only" way to show how much power you are making, is incorrect. It is not the "only" way - it is merely another way. The ONLY way is quite simple. You have a car that weighs x amount. You have a set distance that car will accelerate through. You have a final speed at the end of that distance. Any other tool you use, from a G Tech, to a Dynapack, to a Dynojet to a Mustang, to a whatever, is just that - a tool. It is not the final say by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a tool to help you determine before and after gains. Stop being so antagonistic and inflamatory, and you might learn something from what people here contribute. Either that, or stick to posting your "kill" stories from street racing and let the rest of us actually have a discussion
1. What else besides intake and exhaust?
2. Who cares what he posts, and how honest he is. the fact is, you are leading people to believe that he is making 300whp.
3. So he is making 50whp more than stock. How come nobody else can do this, even with cams?
4. Check your posts man, you called me ignorant and such, which I really dont care about. But Im not the one who has to be professional.
As far as purchasing stuff. Just becuase you dont see my other cars, doesnt mean I havent. I have a 300zxtt and Ive literlaly spent thousands with you. I dont derive pleasure by calling people out. I feel art of this community, and I try to help people, just like I get help from other members. Im not "acting" in any way. Im simply arguing with you about your buddys dyno numbers.
5. I understand how dynos work and what they are used for. But dynapacks dont give numbers that correspond with numbers that the factory does. So what good are they besides showing gains? Why not show how much power you are making compared to other cars as well?
And as far as what forums I post in, why do you care if I always post in the racing forums? If you know I do, than you must read it as much as I post Why dont YOU stick to the FS forums, because we all know thats what your REALLY here for.

Oh..and BTW, your buddy aint making 50whp over stock
Old 05-14-2006, 10:17 PM
plumpzz

^Is there something I dont know about? Why so much hate and denial? sja177 what do you do for a living? You're such an angry man. Z1 motorsports are a great vendor here. Take your 250 posts somewhere else meng. I dont think TurboXS wuld let a fake represent them to the 350Z community.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:26 PM
krismax

when that 4th gen vq 35 comes out ,man the whp will be nuts .
I cant wait to see what that puts down stock. I say 270-280 whp .

and with a 7500 rpm + redline gearing could be very interesting.

and for sja177 you look like a azz to everyone on here so relax and live life
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
3FITTTY

Old 05-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sja177
1. What else besides intake and exhaust?
2. Who cares what he posts, and how honest he is. the fact is, you are leading people to believe that he is making 300whp.
3. So he is making 50whp more than stock. How come nobody else can do this, even with cams?
4. Check your posts man, you called me ignorant and such, which I really dont care about. But Im not the one who has to be professional.
As far as purchasing stuff. Just becuase you dont see my other cars, doesnt mean I havent. I have a 300zxtt and Ive literlaly spent thousands with you. I dont derive pleasure by calling people out. I feel art of this community, and I try to help people, just like I get help from other members. Im not "acting" in any way. Im simply arguing with you about your buddys dyno numbers.
5. I understand how dynos work and what they are used for. But dynapacks dont give numbers that correspond with numbers that the factory does. So what good are they besides showing gains? Why not show how much power you are making compared to other cars as well?
And as far as what forums I post in, why do you care if I always post in the racing forums? If you know I do, than you must read it as much as I post Why dont YOU stick to the FS forums, because we all know thats what your REALLY here for.

Oh..and BTW, your buddy aint making 50whp over stock
Guy, stop acting like an a$$hat and arguing over something that you know absolutely nothing about. Your are obviously completely missing the point. The fact are the facts Jerome gained 50whp over stock after a few well thought out modifications and some really good tuning. No one is trying to argue whether or not his peak hp number of 305whp is accurate or not because who is to say what results from what dyno are 100% conclusive? But if there is a gain of 50 hp from the before dyno to the after dyno then YES HE GAINED 50HP!!!

P.S. Put the crack pipe down and go back and check your receipts from the "thousands of dollars you've spent with us." IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! Maybe you have us confused with Z1 Motorsports in Georgia, who we have no affliation with. But believe us when we say we don't want your business.

Sorry to HIJACK this thread.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

1. you can search for Jermaine's mods same as everyone else can. You stated hge has an intake and exhaust - I stated he has more, which is a fact.

2 &3 . Apparantly you care, because you're the one who is calling it into question. Everyone else seems to be mature enough to take ANY dyno they see with a grain of salt. You on the otherhand seem to find it necessary to call out people without cause nor justification. That, by definition, is ignorance. Other people HAVE gained ~ 50 whp through bolt ons and proper tuning - maybe you didn't, but others have (and yes, done so without cams). I am not leading people to believe anything. There is a dyno, that he posted that shows it. As I've said countless times in the 3 + years I've been a member here, it is NOT about the final dyno number, it is the gains.

4. Maybe you should check your facts - We've never sold parts for 300ZX's, as they are not cars we cater to. You have us confused with Z1 Motorsports, who is in Georgia.

5. Dynpack #'s are as valid as ANY other dyno numbers. No dyno is perfect, and each one has it's plusses and minusses. In the tuning world, the key to using a dyno successfull is consistency. Part and parcel of that is using the same exact dyno location, at every step of the mod path. No dyno is infallible - they are, as I mentioned, a tool, and not an authority. Your trap speed in the 1/4 mile is the authority.

5. I know because I searched your screen name, and found your posts.....get over yourself

Now go and project your anger or inner turmoil onto someone/something else
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 AM
plumpzz

PS, its jermaine :-p (not jerome??)
Old 05-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You're right my mistake
Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 AM
sja177
Banned

LOL, you guys are such tools, why does everyone think im angry, is that how I project myself?

Z1 - You still havent answerd any of my questions. I started an argument with you, and all you can come up with is posts against me persoanlly, including bringing your friends/coworkers in on it, where I post, and how much crap I buy from you. Thats all you can do, because you and I both know that rickdogg aint making anywhere near 300whp. This debate has been beat to death over and over agian. And NOBODY has been anywhere near 300whp.

OMG, let me apologize for ever arguing with you, rickdogg does indeed have 296whp, becuase this guy has 290whp with intake and test pipes...

Do some reasearch guys, youll find that you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
sja177
Banned

BTW, im done with this useless thread, you and your "buddies" have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about. And nobody seems to give a rats *** about the facts.
IM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 AM
plumpzz

wtf is going on?? why are you so mad?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW.... i repeat why are you so mad?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:10 PM
sja177
Banned

Originally Posted by plumpzz
wtf is going on?? why are you so mad?
LOL
You guys crack me up

Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I'm going to post this last reply and then I'm done - arguing with you is a giant waste of time. Scan up and read what you posted. This ALL started because you suggested that Jermaine from TXS "invented" his dyno sheet. All I did was post that 1. he had not and that 2. you were a tool for suggesting that he did. From there on out, it's been you "proving" your "knowledge" to everyone here. The final number the dyno gives you, regarless of what dyno it is, is all but USELESS - the gains you get between your baseline and your final run is all that matters, period, end of sentence.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 05-15-2006 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Who has the highest HP N/A Z