Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

how can i hit 400bhp or 350bhp at least w/o FI? (only experinced people)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
a high hp NA application is JUST as dangerous as a forced induction application.....anyone who tells you otherwise is asinine.
There are much more variables that need to be closely watched with FI.

I would also have more confidence with the "properly built" high HP NA car than the high HP FI car ...Wouldn't you?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
downforce

Originally Posted by Zexy
There are much more variables that need to be closely watched with FI.

I would also have more confidence with the "properly built" high HP NA car than the high HP FI car ...Wouldn't you?
Air + fuel + spark = internal combustion; needed for each and every application, it's just a matter of how much! And figuring out what part is the weakest link.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:14 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by chimmike
a high hp NA application is JUST as dangerous as a forced induction application.....anyone who tells you otherwise is asinine.

+1!!!

i'm sure high performance NA guys never throw rods or bend vavles...
Old 05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Z350Lover

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
I've been wondering, how many miles do you have on this setup and how much time to you spend from 7-8krpm?
hi mate,

I have done around 4k km on the latest setup (but a lot more with just the nismo S1 cams, nismo valves, rod bolts, nismo vtc and the motec).... and now I visit 8k rpm (once went up to 8135 with cipher connected) at least few times a day (just for pure straight line accelerations)... and it is my daily. No problem so far thought and the engine runs and screams strongly and smoothly still...

My engine builder is a very good tuner of 350z in australia, all the custom TT 350z that he has done and tuned have no problem even after a couple of years already... he is even into twin turbo VQ45 and now into VQ56...

Lane Myers,

If people reckon that they can rev the vq as high as they want in N/A form without any internal mods, they will have problems too... I bent my valve going at 7500rpm or so before I changed my valve train to ferrea items... if I could use nismo items, I would have though...

cheers,

richie

Last edited by Z350Lover; 05-23-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:14 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
Lane Myers,

If people reckon that they can rev the vq as high as they want in N/A form without any internal mods, they will have problems too... I bent my valve going at 7500rpm or so before I changed my valve train to ferrea items... if I could use nismo items, I would have though...

cheers,

richie
you can call me lane (or nick) ,

sorry to hear about the bent valve, that sucks, but it seems you have recovered quite well... i was making that statement sarcastically because it seems many people believe that going NA is so much safer than slapping on a FI kit, you know? its almost (or is) like, people think that cracking open the block and swapping in upgraded internals and putting it back together is safer than throwing on the boost kit on a stock block, because its "NA", and there is less NA horror stories out there...

and i am not making any general statements about any posters in this thread - its just something i continue to see come up in NA or FI threads - not that this is one - or at least it wasnt until i hijacked it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Z350Lover

hi nick,

I am totally with what you are saying.... I seriously got a lot of headache to get the car runs right... good tuner is definitely the key to every tuning though... and we gotta remember this, the more we mod our cars, the more risks that we will have running into some sort of problems because we are building the car just like Nissan was building the first 350Z, but they spent millions of dollars to get it right and we have very limited resources (money and time) to get it right as individual though!

cheers,

richie
Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 AM
MEI

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
hi nick,

I am totally with what you are saying.... I seriously got a lot of headache to get the car runs right... good tuner is definitely the key to every tuning though... and we gotta remember this, the more we mod our cars, the more risks that we will have running into some sort of problems because we are building the car just like Nissan was building the first 350Z, but they spent millions of dollars to get it right and we have very limited resources (money and time) to get it right as individual though!

cheers,

richie
+1

Lane,

you've just mentioned it
people think that cracking open the block and swapping in upgraded internals and putting it back together is safer than throwing on the boost kit on a stock block, because its "NA", and there is less NA horror stories out there...