Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Help me solve drivetrain problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Sisith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me solve drivetrain problem

Hey all, I am getting a weird thump, thump, thump sound when excelerating and can feel it in the clutch and gas pedal. Its very obvious when engaging 1st gear from a stand still and feathring the clutch. I am also getting a buzzing noise and vibrations when I get above 5k rpms that buzzes extremely loud and sounds like body panels rubbing. The engine and clutch and stock. Any ideas what could be causing this? I think it might be that my flywheel and/or clutch is warped but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Sisith

No one has any idea what could be causing this?
Old 05-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of the VQ35 trannies are pertty clunky. So the sound in first gear is probably normal. The vibration at 5000rpm could be just about anything. If its under warranty, maybe your dealer can check it out for you.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Sisith

Ive got 35.6k miles on it..will they diagnose it for free? Im afraid if they pull it apart to check they are going to say its the clutch and that it's a wear item and that I will have to pay the rediculous dealer price to put my car back together
Old 05-29-2006, 07:33 AM
peptidbond

I would still take it to the dealer. Have a tech drive it and let you know what he thinks before they begin. A bad clutch is usually easy to catch just by driving. If it is a clutch/flywheel related problem, consider buying an aftermarket clutch or a used clutch from here. Then just have the dealer install it. Dealer install prices are not bad for clutches. They have to do them all the time. However, it is the clutch part that is stupid expensive. And yes, you will have to pay for it if it is the clutch. Just get a used piece or aftermarket piece from here first.