Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo clutch & fly wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Supertouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo clutch & fly wheel

I got a good deal from the dealer from where I bought the Z from. My throw out bearing is gone, so I decided, if I'm gonna have that trani opened up might as well replace everything in it. I was just wondering if the Nismo clutch and fly wheel are any good. Everyone seems to purchase the JWT clutch and fly wheel but for the price I'm getting my stuff for I said what the heck.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:20 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Supertouring
I got a good deal from the dealer from where I bought the Z from. My throw out bearing is gone, so I decided, if I'm gonna have that trani opened up might as well replace everything in it. I was just wondering if the Nismo clutch and fly wheel are any good. Everyone seems to purchase the JWT clutch and fly wheel but for the price I'm getting my stuff for I said what the heck.

I have the Nismo clutch and flywheel and really like it. I looked at the JWT setup as well, but ended up going with the Nismo. The Nismo flywheel is not as light as the JWT, but it doesn't produce as much chatter as the JWT does based on what others I have talked to about it have said about the JWT. The Nismo clutch is slightly lighter than the JWT and has just about the same clamping force. I have seen some people on this forum even recommend going with the Nismo clutch and JWT flywheel

In my opinion either way you can't go wrong whether it is the Nismo or JWT set up. Since I was concerned with every day drivability I went with the Nismo over the JWT. I don't get any chatter at idle and only a slight bit of chatter from the flywheel when the engine lags below 2300 rpm.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Supertouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome, thanks ZPirate.