Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Freaking Pissed

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Zhornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freaking Pissed

OK here is the senerio got my z's oil change at the dealer for free, because i have 1 year worth of free oil changes after about 1300 miles i noticed the oil pressure seemed to drop, took it back in to get checked they told me that at idle the oil pressure is supposed to be at around 17lbs and at 2000 rmp around 43lbs well they said thats what it was at and i had nothing to worry about. I drove the car home and was about to turn into the garage and the oil pressure dropped to zero and the oil light came on. then went away. A week went by with it sitting in the garage and on Sat morning i went out to take it to the local shop to get my gauges put in it, when i started it up is sounded like a diesel truck load as sh--. I checked the oil didn't have any in it so i went to the store and put oil in it and the oil pressure went back up and sounded like a purring kitten again. Now in between that time i got on the phone and called the dealership and told them i would be bringing it in on monday for them to take a look at it.

Monday: drop it off at the dealer told the service manager (who is a good guy does alot of aftermarket stuff to Z's) that it sounded like sh-- and i had to put some oil in it to make it sound better and run better and that i couldn't understand why it would be that way. Later the day he call's me and tells me that when they went to change the oil that it only had a quart in it i asked did they forget to put oil in my damn car( at this point im pissed ) he said not sure that someone would get fired if they did not put any in it.

Tuesday: Service guy calls me and said that the did a compression check and everything is good they even scoped the engine to make sure no damange was done said everything looked good, then he told me that he thinks the engine may be consuming the oil asked what would cause that he said unsure that he wanted to keep it a few days to put some miles on it to see if it is consuming oil i said ok let me know.

Today: called him this morning and asked how the z was doing he said everything is holding up but they needed to add about 500 to 700 miles on the engine to see if it is consuming the oil. He told me that what he thinks happened is when i brought it in before because my engine light came on and they found that i had burned up cats that the engine sucked it back up and now thats the reason why the engine is consuming iol now, not that they forgot to put oil in it. he also told me more then likely that they will have to replace my engine at nissan expense which is ok i guess but it sounds to me there just trying to cover up some bullsh-- and now i will be without my baby for a long time. this pisses me off.

If anyone can shed some light on why a engine would consume that much oil it would be nice.

Sorry for the rant but the wife didn't want to hear about it because she didn't want to get pissed.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
cessna

I`d demand a new engine if I were you! Screw this whole ''we need to put 500 or 700 miles on it'' thing!
Good luck
Old 06-14-2006, 09:04 AM
jpc350z

Originally Posted by Zhornet
OK here is the senerio got my z's oil change at the dealer for free, because i have 1 year worth of free oil changes after about 1300 miles i noticed the oil pressure seemed to drop, took it back in to get checked they told me that at idle the oil pressure is supposed to be at around 17lbs and at 2000 rmp around 43lbs well they said thats what it was at and i had nothing to worry about. I drove the car home and was about to turn into the garage and the oil pressure dropped to zero and the oil light came on. then went away. A week went by with it sitting in the garage and on Sat morning i went out to take it to the local shop to get my gauges put in it, when i started it up is sounded like a diesel truck load as sh--. I checked the oil didn't have any in it so i went to the store and put oil in it and the oil pressure went back up and sounded like a purring kitten again. Now in between that time i got on the phone and called the dealership and told them i would be bringing it in on monday for them to take a look at it.

Monday: drop it off at the dealer told the service manager (who is a good guy does alot of aftermarket stuff to Z's) that it sounded like sh-- and i had to put some oil in it to make it sound better and run better and that i couldn't understand why it would be that way. Later the day he call's me and tells me that when they went to change the oil that it only had a quart in it i asked did they forget to put oil in my damn car( at this point im pissed ) he said not sure that someone would get fired if they did not put any in it.

Tuesday: Service guy calls me and said that the did a compression check and everything is good they even scoped the engine to make sure no damange was done said everything looked good, then he told me that he thinks the engine may be consuming the oil asked what would cause that he said unsure that he wanted to keep it a few days to put some miles on it to see if it is consuming oil i said ok let me know.

Today: called him this morning and asked how the z was doing he said everything is holding up but they needed to add about 500 to 700 miles on the engine to see if it is consuming the oil. He told me that what he thinks happened is when i brought it in before because my engine light came on and they found that i had burned up cats that the engine sucked it back up and now thats the reason why the engine is consuming iol now, not that they forgot to put oil in it. he also told me more then likely that they will have to replace my engine at nissan expense which is ok i guess but it sounds to me there just trying to cover up some bullsh-- and now i will be without my baby for a long time. this pisses me off.

If anyone can shed some light on why a engine would consume that much oil it would be nice.

Sorry for the rant but the wife didn't want to hear about it because she didn't want to get pissed.
Sounds like they did not fill it with oil..Engine sucked it back up??? You should of seen a cloud of smoke!!! out the exhaust.. B.S. New engine cause they screwed up...Good Luck
Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 PM
GMZ

Yep, sounds like they screwed the pooch on this one. Ive seen Z's consume oil before, but maybe like 1qt every 3k mi at the most. 5 qts in 1300 mi??
No way.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:48 PM
350zSteve

Make them give you a rental car!!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Zhornet

They are saying that they think the packing in the cat's got sucked back up into the engine and damaged the engine walls thats why they think it is consuming so much oil. They offered a rental but it was a freaking sentra i said no f--- that i have another vehicle and a motorcycle i can ride until it gets done.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:54 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 300zxSteve
Make them give you a rental car!!
yea!!! but Rental must b another Z!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Gryphin

new motor! and throw in some nismo parts.. shifter.. something

or some cash to cover the deminished value of the car..
(new motor.. in not that old of a car... if you try to resale you will have to say whatever you mileage is , plus the mileage of your new motor..)
Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Zhornet

ok finally got the word nothing wrong with the engine and i get it back today, they found the problem with the oil gun the counter was broken and was not putting out any oil, so my car had none 4 other people that came in the same day that i had my oil changed had the same problem.

There damn lucky that my engine did not break or i would be going to court against the dealership.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:47 AM
06blueZ

wait... what? 1300 miles, then the oil gauge drops, no oil and they said that they never put any oil in?!?

Man you are crazy if you bought that story. Someone is lying to you and you are saying ok thank you sir!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 AM
mikead_99

I think I would find somebody independant to analyze your engine before taking their word for it. In fact, I think I would have them pay for that analysis.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:50 AM
jpc350z

They don't pull the dip stick to verify they put in oil???
Old 06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Zhornet

well what ever they did after 700 miles it still has oil in it and the oil pressure is great dont know if they did anything else to the engine just as long as it runs im happy to get it back.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
350dgrz

which dealership did you take your Z to?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
BawlZTT

your engine is probably scored which means it will not last very long and it will not hold compression. I would have someone do a compression test just to make sure everything is REALLY ok.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Zhornet

had the compression test done and everything is ok. compression is good just really weird how the car lasted 1300 miles and didn't break down unless there was enough to keep it going with no damange.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Zhornet

olympia nissan is who i took it to what really made me mad was i take it there all the time and they usally do great work never had a problem with them just this one time.

im guessing one time is excuseable but if anything else happens I think I will blow a gasket
Old 06-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your engine had only 1 qt of oil in it? If so, there is no way this engine would have had enough oil pressure to keep it from becoming damaged. Bearing damage cannot be established via a compression test.

I would not take anything they say at face value. Have an independent mechanic do a full compression and leakdown test. Even then...your bearings have probably suffered some serious wear and tear.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 AM
jwood122

Originally Posted by cessna
I`d demand a new engine if I were you! Screw this whole ''we need to put 500 or 700 miles on it'' thing!
Good luck

what he said

Quick Reply: Freaking Pissed