I have a problem with my H pattern?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Xx SiFaKa
How do I get the boot off?
Momo boot unscrews from the **** easily, but you will have to remove the entire metal ring from the center console to swap it with the stock boot, there are probably like 8-10 screws that hold the metal ring in place.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:39 PM
iyah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can't find it, grind it!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Xx SiFaKa

I went to the dealer today and dropt off my z. They called me and said they have over nighted a tranny for my z cause of the warranty. When they test drove my z they said I needed a new clutch, but the thing is I had a new clutch installed less than 5,000 miles ago!

They just guessed from the feel of the clutch. Well then here comes all these prices my way and bla bla bla. They are obviously trying to get what ever they can out of me. I told them just to take care of what is for the warranty, so my new tranny should be here tomorrow and installed maybe tomorrow, but most likely friday.

I'm kinda happy because I have yet to have my car when it goes through the gears the way it should. I have never been able to race anyone passed 2nd gear on the account of the 3rd gear grinding 100% of the time.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

f--- the dealer, they're just trying to get you to change the clutch because the tranny will be off the car and it's a quick buck for them with no added effort.

If the clutch has a bad feel, bleed the clutch line or tell the dealer to do it. You might even consider the stainless steel nismo clutch line available from perf. nissan.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:44 AM
arizzee

when the dealer replaced my tranny under warranty, they also replaced the clutch under warranty. they said the clutch replacement was part of the tranny warranty replacement program. I guess this shows the honest dealers and the not. btw, my tranny was replaced Jul '05.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
f--- the dealer, they're just trying to get you to change the clutch because the tranny will be off the car and it's a quick buck for them with no added effort.

If the clutch has a bad feel, bleed the clutch line or tell the dealer to do it. You might even consider the stainless steel nismo clutch line available from perf. nissan.
I actually like the feel of the clutch. My brothers clutch goes in very easy, But I dont really like it like that.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by arizzee
when the dealer replaced my tranny under warranty, they also replaced the clutch under warranty. they said the clutch replacement was part of the tranny warranty replacement program. I guess this shows the honest dealers and the not. btw, my tranny was replaced Jul '05.
I got a new clutch installed and it came from 1 of the nissan dealers intown . So are you saying there suppose to install a new clutch to? And shouldn't there be some warranty on the clutch itself if there saying its going out right now, even though the clutch only has about 5,000 miles on it?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Xx SiFaKa
Ok, I have a problem getting into 5th gear. The problem is it feels like 5th gear is like half and inch to the left of wear it should be. If I were to push my shift **** all the way to the left, then push up it will not go in 5th. Instead it will go into this little pocket type thing.

Here is a little pic to give you a better idea.
P.s I really hate the synchros on the 03's. They are a peice of crap. 3rd,4th both grind when shifted into at high rmp's Btw, I got the car this way.
your tranny is going... mine did the same thing till i blew 5th and 6th
Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Just incase anyone who is reading this didn't read above, I posted a question 2 posts up. Can someone answer it please.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:11 PM
doug

they never did my clutch when they did my tranny.. and i have a clutchmasters stage 3.. but she did tell me they didn't have to touch the tranny since it a racing clutch in
Old 08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by doug
they never did my clutch when they did my tranny.. and i have a clutchmasters stage 3.. but she did tell me they didn't have to touch the tranny since it a racing clutch in
My reason for asking is because I had my clutch replaced at like 39,000 and the dealer is claiming that the clutch is gone form the way the clutch feels. I guess they assumed that it hadn't been replaced yet. But the clutch came from Nisson and it's just a standard clutch. No racing clutch or nada.

so I'm not sure if there just trying to get what they can out of me or what.

They said since they are going to be taking the tanny out it will be an easy install and I wouldn't pay labor and I should just go ahead and do it. Then they started shooting the prices my way. He said it's $1,300 just for the flywheel! Ok... He must think I'm retarded. Oh and he said it's not resurfaceble? But I told him just to replace what ever is on the 60,000 mile warranty.

But my question was weather or not the clutch was under warranty if it did go out this fast?

Last edited by Xx SiFaKa; 08-31-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
doug

clutch should be covered under powertrain warranty
Old 08-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by doug
clutch should be covered under powertrain warranty
Well what if it isn't the sam clutch from when the car was bought?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:34 PM
RevLimitZ

The clutch is a wear item and is not covered under warranty unless it's a defective unit. When I had my tranny replaced (last week) at 24k miles I had the tech install a JWT clutch and flywheel w/ no labor charges. Just an option if you need a new clutch and/or flywheel. BTW I freakin love it!! (thanks Shariff@Forged)
Old 08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by RevLimitZ
The clutch is a wear item and is not covered under warranty unless it's a defective unit. When I had my tranny replaced (last week) at 24k miles I had the tech install a JWT clutch and flywheel w/ no labor charges. Just an option if you need a new clutch and/or flywheel. BTW I freakin love it!! (thanks Shariff@Forged)
How do nice performance clutches feel compared to the standard ones?
Old 09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
RevLimitZ

The JWT setup makes the clutch start to engage when the pedal is much closer to the floor, which I like. It's incredibly streetable but grabs alot harder when you want it to. I haven't dynoed but the seat-o-the-pants-o-meter noticed a pretty significant gain from the lightened flywheel too (much better throttle response and hella easier rev matching) It is a bit noisy under 2500 rpm's, not really loud but you can hear it.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Lmuggs

I just had a JWT flywheel, NISMO pressure plate and clutch disk installed on Friday. When I picked the car up, I was expecting the "cement truck" sound and that was there. I remember reading your OP and realized that I have the same issue going into 5th gear now. Have you had this fixed yet? I am going back at the dealer at 7:30AM on Monday to see what they say. I hope this is an "easy" adjustment. I talked to Performance Nissan where I bought the parts and though the NISMO staff was not there today I did speak to an installer. He said that it was definately not right.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Lmuggs

So the dealer just called and said that the NISMO clutch is supposed to be like that. That is complete BS. When he called to have me explain the problem to the technician earlier in the day he was saying that they would probably replace the tranny and it was still under warranty. I was very happy after that phone call because I have been trying to have that done for a while now on account of the 3rd gear grind. But I always get "We could not reproduce that issue" every time. This time I actually thought I might be golden, but then he called just now an said everything is functioning as it should be. There is no way that shifting into 5th gear was like that before! It might be time to call 1-800-Nissan and raise hell.

I also had the oil pressure sensor replaced because the needle would get stuck on 120psi. And that is still happening even after the new sensor was installed.

They are keeping it overnight and are going to reevaluate it again in the morning. I just hope it isnt the same story. I am going to be pissed if it is!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
trezza707

hey wats up guys i also just got a new clutch and flywheel installed the other day and i was driving on the highway and went to put it in fifth and it would not go in....i am having the exact same problem the xxsifaca said in his first post it goes in a little pocket very close to 3rd...is this really the tranny or is it something else?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:06 AM
trezza707

one of my friends said it could be a bent fork is that possible?>