Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

03' AT trans Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
jj350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03' AT trans Questions

I just put a brand new tranny on my supercharged 03' Z. 260miles so far. I actually drop it off tomorrow to get a Vb uprade. Anyways, has anyone every noticed a slight pull between gear changes on an AT Z? I cant remember if it has always done that, or, its the new tranny, or its b/c of the SC. Its not a jerking pull that feels like the car is broken, its just a slight little pull.

Also, when I give it some gas then let off suddenly it pulls. I think thats prob from the fact that your going fast, fast, fast, then let of throttle. Therefor the SC winds down suddenly after it was at higher rpms and it gives you that sudden jerk or pull?

Let me know what you guys thing. Remember the tranny has just been installed like a week ago, 260miles, no beetings, I havent even taken it over 4,000 rpm's. Thats b/c Im gettin the Vb and want the tranny as perfect as possible.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
jj350z

Bump anyone?
Old 09-29-2006, 04:36 AM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by jj350z
I just put a brand new tranny on my supercharged 03' Z. 260miles so far. I actually drop it off tomorrow to get a Vb uprade. Anyways, has anyone every noticed a slight pull between gear changes on an AT Z? I cant remember if it has always done that, or, its the new tranny, or its b/c of the SC. Its not a jerking pull that feels like the car is broken, its just a slight little pull.

Also, when I give it some gas then let off suddenly it pulls. I think thats prob from the fact that your going fast, fast, fast, then let of throttle. Therefor the SC winds down suddenly after it was at higher rpms and it gives you that sudden jerk or pull?

Let me know what you guys thing. Remember the tranny has just been installed like a week ago, 260miles, no beetings, I havent even taken it over 4,000 rpm's. Thats b/c Im gettin the Vb and want the tranny as perfect as possible.
I've been looking at this since you wrote it....too many variables involved for me to understand and answer....are you in full AT or manumatic, are you in the accelerator or letting off....also i'm not sure I understand your definition of "pull"......also, I have a turbo not a SC......

When I get out of the gas(in manumatic) with 5AT/turbo....RPMs drop instantly....if the response is different with SC....not sure.

There should be a crisp gear change in all situations(manumatic)...you should be able to "snap heads into the seatrest" in each gear shift(1-3 with ease, and 4 if you are aggressive)....anything else.....in my book is probably flare, and is bad in high hp/tq situations.

Let your folks at "CarV2" check it out , and let us know.

Peace............

Last edited by JoneZZZ; 09-30-2006 at 09:37 AM.