Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350Z Test Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 07:57 PM
kaiser23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, wags that pic in your sig is awesome!

(the gas one)
Old 03-14-2003, 06:19 AM
TonyZXT

Wow,

Some of you guys are harsh! This company VOLUNTARILY gave you guys more info, and accomidated your requests better than any other company has for the new Z. Still some people see it necessary to make posts that make it seem like Injen owes them something. C'mon they did good. The two legitimate concerns that I think Injen should address are the weight of the system, and the exit angle of the tips. I'm sure they will weigh it very soon, and prolly tell us that the angle is a function of the design, as for making the tips come out further, we'll see. The ECU issue is a VERY good question, but one that Injen would be crazy to anwer! They spent allot of time R&D'ing parts that have made the best proven gains of any simple bolt on mods for this car to date. Now let's say they dyno the car in a couple weeks to see their gains nullified, and they rush over here to tell us that. All that money and work are now down the tubes because their sales just went down the *******. If the ECU is infact playing with us then people who buy intakes and exhausts now will just have to buy a freakin ECU when it comes out. Injen would be nuts to say hey guys we just made these incredible parts, but somehow the gains dissapeared after a week. Unfortunately we are not working on an ECU for your cars so you shouldn't buy our products now. Pulease, give me a break. They made mods that make HP on our cars and flow allot more air, its up to someone else to solve the ECU problem if one truly does exist.

One more issue though. Dyno results vary wildly, and people in this post were concerned about Injen's test procedures as they should be of any company. This brings up a fundamental problem within the industry. SEMA needs to look long and hard at standardizing a very strict set of procedures for certified dyno results. They need to make a very strict spec on this and if manufaturers want to claim dyno results they should have to follow these procedures to the letter, or go to a dyno house that is certified to spec. Other industries have things like this set up, and the aftermarket needs this really bad. Temperature and humidity control needs to be part of it too. There are too many ways for someone to monkey with dydno results and the consumer is getting screwed. Of course this means that companies like stillen would actually have to figure out what a dyno is, and not go by steve millen's butt dyno figures and then double them (which seems to be their current procedure.)
Done ranting,
Tony
Old 03-14-2003, 07:07 AM
TonyZXT

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Steve Millen's but dyno is set up to measure crank hp gains, but they don't bother to explain that to the consumer now do they
Old 03-14-2003, 07:56 AM
phile

Originally posted by TonyZXT
Now let's say they dyno the car in a couple weeks to see their gains nullified, and they rush over here to tell us that. All that money and work are now down the tubes because their sales just went down the *******. If the ECU is infact playing with us then people who buy intakes and exhausts now will just have to buy a freakin ECU when it comes out. Injen would be nuts to say hey guys we just made these incredible parts, but somehow the gains dissapeared after a week. Unfortunately we are not working on an ECU for your cars so you shouldn't buy our products now.

Tony
Wow, that's actually a REALLY good point. HAHA...I never really thought about it that way. I'm not gonna argue with you. I think you hit the nail on the head.

nuff said,

Phile
Old 03-14-2003, 11:03 AM
12SecZ

Thumbs up

For the record and for posterity

I have backed Injen and my Blue CAI *and* my Dyno slips from day one and got nothing but hell for them. I even volunteered to go to the Dyno. Anyone could have went in Southern CA but it is easier to just sit down at your PC and write up a slam.

I reitierate "more cold air in and more hot exhaust out is *always* a good thing" I have said that here several times.

Dyno numbers or not. I stand by my Injen CAI, it's my car. I did intake exhaust and N20, it fly's.

I will take on anyone with their "factory stock pressurized ram air."

When the ECU comes out I will be 3 steps ahead of everyone else plus other things.

I will already take anyone on with my current mods and they have been invited to Sac Raceway Apr 2nd

I don't expect a huge turnout just like Injen didn't get!

Flame suit on!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:43 AM
qirex

I like the angled tips.

The Z suffers from "great factory exhaust" syndrome. SO IMO, an aftermarket system SHOULD look visually distinct. The tips are cool - and the angle sets them apart!