Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine Blew Up Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 06:17 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The motor is warranted for 60,000 miles. Why even mention an extended warranty? Any decision that the dealer makes should be in writing and signed. This is the time to begin collecting documentation.

A big $$$ charge like this requires permission from Nissan Corporation. Be cool.

Would not hurt to ask for a free loaner.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

they are a bit nicer to people with extended warranties because you pay for it
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 AM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should replace it.. those mods will not cause an engine to blow up.. As stated above .. keep all calls documented as well as estimates.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They wont fix your car. A wrist pin came off of a rod in my z, its a 2006 with 6000 miles. I took it to the dealer, they told me it was caused from racing. Now i have the car back and bags of parts. Do not let them take it apart or you will get fuked hard. The engine and tranny were both removed from my car, all they did was take off the top of the intake manifold.

If they take it apart they do not have to put it back together if warranty is denied, my lawyer told me this. Under any conditon do not let them take the engine out, nissan techs tear everything apart. They wouldnt even help me find my parts..

So now i can get a lawyer and sue, it will take over a year in court, or put a built motor in it.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:29 AM
doskiez

ouch sounds like a streak of bad luck. You could always build a motor for it and use the blown one for salvageable parts
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by rocks
They wont fix your car. A wrist pin came off of a rod in my z, its a 2006 with 6000 miles. I took it to the dealer, they told me it was caused from racing. .

you screwed yourself by not knowing the laws to protect you.

They had no way of proving that you raced, let alone that your 'racing' broke the motor. And by proof, I'm talking, they have to prove it in a court of law type thing. If they CAN NOT do that, they CAN NOT void the warranty, they HAVE to replace it under warranty according to the LAW.

So, any complaining you do is null because you screwed yourself and let yourself get walked on.

Again, unless they can prove your CAI broke the motor, they have to replace it. This is law. Tell 'em it's in the law, in the Magnusson Moss act. If they don't believe you, find the exact law and print it up and bring it to them, and advise them they have a case that would be an easy win for you in any court system.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They wont fix your car. A wrist pin came off of a rod in my z, its a 2006 with 6000 miles. I took it to the dealer, they told me it was caused from racing. Now i have the car back and bags of parts. Do not let them take it apart or you will get fuked hard. The engine and tranny were both removed from my car, all they did was take off the top of the intake manifold.

If they take it apart they do not have to put it back together if warranty is denied, my lawyer told me this. Under any conditon do not let them take the engine out, nissan techs tear everything apart. They wouldnt even help me find my parts..

So now i can get a lawyer and sue, it will take over a year in court, or put a built motor in it.
Unless you told them you race, they have to prove it. I'd either get buddy buddy with a tech or get another lawyer.

You own a sports car, its made to drive fast. Nissan should cover it. I call to Nissan may help things out. Be nice but be stern...you should get it taken care of.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

you got played... i drove my Z into the dealership with a blown transmission.. with a big shiny intercooler in the front... twin turbo emblems on the back.. and the only call i got from the dealership is they would be charging me $400 to remove and replace my wastegates
Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 AM
rocks

I told them the magnusson moss law, they laughed. I called nissan customer care and they laughed. Some dealers are like that. If you take it to an **** of a dealer be prepared to get screwd. I talked to an attorney. I took all the right steps. I did not tell them that i raced it. I did not tell them anything. I had the car towed there and told them to fix it. I get a call 20 days later that its not going to be fixed.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:12 AM
chimmike

If they laughed at the Magnusson Moss act then you should have advised them you want documented proof as to how they determined it was raced and how that specifically caused the motor to go.

If they laughed at law, they should be taken to court. But I'm sure there's more to the story.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:16 AM
sentry65
the burninator

warrenty is crap

the whole thing where they have to prove without a doubt what caused the engine to blow - prove to who? you? a judge? the court system is slow. I'd rather be out driving.

they CAN prove that the car was raced with an ECU scan. Oh yeah. They can tell if you missed a shift. A rev above 7000 rpms sticks out like a sore thumb. They'll know. They can also see how frequently you drive to redline

What sucks is when you want something serviced, they're complete morons, but as soon as they have big bucks to lose they'll go out of their way to whip out the big skills and dig and dig to keep from having to lose $6-8k on a motor and labor

speaking of pointless warrenties,
I once had 2 screws in my tire towards the edge. Two different Discount Tire places said it wasn't repairable. So I went to Nissan where I bought a tire and wheel warrenty - they are supposed to replace any wheel or tire I have on my car no matter what it is or how expensive it is if it isn't repairable. Turns out suddenly that the tire shop they use said it was repairable and they wouldn't have to replace it under my tire warrenty.

funny how that crap works.

I have an extended warrenty but it's a used car warrenty and I figure it'll be used for stupid things like those damn window motors not working right.

I wouldn't ever trust a normal dumbass nissan tech to build my motor. I'd only work with a master tech if that were the case - hopefully that's who'd do that sorta job anyway though