Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Whats going on - second throw out bearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 PM
nlsqba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats going on - second throw out bearing

Basically in January 06 (at 10k miles) I had a squeak from my clutch when I was releasing the pedal. The dealer replaced my clutch/preasure plate and a bearing. The squeak was gone.

A few months later around October/November my car started to squeak again. After several attempts to the dealer (this time I used a different one) to prove the squeak finally they were able to verify the noise.

They said that "the noise is comming form the inside the bell housing from the clutch." They ordered me a new clutch/preasure plate and a throw out bearing.

The good thing it is covered under warranty - since it is less then 12months/12k miles since my last repair. BUT why the hell is is squeaking again?

The first time they replaced the same 3 parts - and the noise was gone for almost 10 months. And now again the same thing...

What do you think guys? The probability of having 2 bad bearings in a row is rather low...
Old 11-16-2006, 05:14 PM
redline350ZZ

How much do you use the clutch? Overuse can cause too much heat. How loud is the squeak?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
aren21

I have the same damn squeak. I havent bothered to take it in for that, I always thought it was from the spring by the pedal. I think its just the crappy stock clutch, I cant wait untill mine goes out to replace it.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM
nlsqba

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
How much do you use the clutch? Overuse can cause too much heat. How loud is the squeak?

I would say the squeak is pretty loud - more on the outside though. Sometimes it is loud enough that if you were in your car near me you would probably be able to hear it.

I do not beat on the clutch and my car is mostly stock- thats why it is weird.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:07 AM
nlsqba

I just left my car with the dealer. The tech said that he will remove the transmission and look what causes the noise. It can be either a bad bearing itselft, bad install by previus dealership or something with transmission.

They will call me once they verify.

At least this time Nissan paid for my rental