Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Heeeelllllp Flywheel problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is complete BS. COMPLETE. you ****ing go down there and scream and yell, there is NO WAY this is your problem to pay for or fix,. if they didn't give you a loner car you better ***** for one as well. It very much seems it is an error in the installation or incompetence, DO NOT GIVE IN

1st, you in no way should have to pay because he dropped it twice, you gave them instructions to call a source of information and they didn't bother to. NOT YOUR PROBLEM. he felt the nede to drop it twice, does that even mean he cehcked the flywheel? did you tell her abou the Crank sensor?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Zquicksilver

+1...!

There are plenty of installs that go just fine, I would be flipping out at this point. I would also print out a dozen or so installs from the forums showing there is no problem with aftermarket installs. Showing clearly that their guy doesn't know what he's doing "outside" the box!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Now you've got me crossing my fingers!

Zquicksilver
Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 PM
clipso 01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well jsut got off the phone with nissan. then car is running just fine now, it looks as if after dropping the trans for a 3rd time they realised that it was installed incorrectly and they are blaming it on bad instructions from jwt. They still have not called jwt yet but are going to asap. They are going to try and get JWT to pay for the install.
I would go down there but i work an hour away and don't get off for another 50 minutes. They won't let me get my car until they figure out who is going to pay for the labor.

and yes i have been furious all day.
scratch that...all week
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
clipso 01

i have also had a rental car since wednesday. andy moore nissan does not provide rental cars. how do you think i can go about getting my rental paid for?
i used to work for enterprise so i got a great deal (14.99 day on a truck) but its the point of it. i drive a z man
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Motormouth
Banned

no offense, but there are hundreds of people that have installed the JWT system. it isn't the instructions. make them point out what was incorrect.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM
redline350ZZ

Originally Posted by Motormouth
no offense, but there are hundreds of people that have installed the JWT system. it isn't the instructions. make them point out what was incorrect.

+1 it shouldn't be a problem for a ASE certified Tech
Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should go to show people that the only thing you should get from a dealer is the car it's self. But I understand clipso o1 case though.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 PM
hippie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clipso 01 well jsut got off the phone with nissan. then car is running just fine now, it looks as if after dropping the trans for a 3rd time they realised that it was installed incorrectly and they are blaming it on bad instructions from jwt. They still have not called jwt yet but are going to asap. They are going to try and get JWT to pay for the install.
I would go down there but i work an hour away and don't get off for another 50 minutes. They won't let me get my car until they figure out who is going to pay for the labor.

and yes i have been furious all day.
scratch that...all week
I'd have to say the dealer is trying to f**K you. It's not that hard to install a flywheel. Either the bolt pattern is asymmetric or there is an alignment pin. I've never dealt with JWT, but how hard can it be? IMHO The mech. screwed-up something and is trying to cover it.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:53 PM
clipso 01

well i just got back from nissan and after a long discussion with the GM i got my car back. I paid him for one hour of labor like i said i would and that is it. This was by far the most rediculous experience i've ever had, but it is over.
I'll write a review of the parts tomorrow, i'm still way to furious