Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

jun or jwt or act pro light flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 AM
o snap its eric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jun or jwt or act pro light flywheel?

I know this maybe trival, but which would you take? Weight difference between the three? I've read the build quality of the jun is better but its also very hard to locate one as well.

Last edited by o snap its eric; 02-07-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by o snap its eric
I know this maybe trival, but which would you take? Weight difference between the three? I've read the build quality of the jun is better but its also very hard to locate one as well.
I have the JUN light weight flywheel. Its been on the car for almost 4 years. Very happy with it and no problems. As far as chatter goes, i dont even notice any at this stage.

JUN Flywheel - 14.3 lbs
JWT Flywheel - 14 lbs
Act Pro Light flywheel - 13.2lbs
NISMO Flywheel - 21.6lbs
Stillen Flywheel - 14.25 lbs
Stock Flywheel - 30.0lbs

Hope this helps

Later
Todd

Last edited by ACEMAN; 02-07-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the JWT along with a large number of other Z owners on the forum and it is great!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
blueper4mancez

aceman when did you get your jun flywheel ?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

From my research most people have had the best luck mating a JWT clutch with their flywheel. ACT and JWT seemed to have some negative feedbacks when you try to combine the two brands. BTW I have the JWT clutch/flyhweel and so far my impression of it is pretty good except the soft pedal feel. Good or bad that part is subjective.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

IMHO ACT all the way. I am not a fan of flywheels that use a friction plate. Even though I own a JWT flywheel (only thing available at the time). If you don't want the ACT get the Jun flywheel.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
IMHO ACT all the way. I am not a fan of flywheels that use a friction plate. Even though I own a JWT flywheel (only thing available at the time). If you don't want the ACT get the Jun flywheel.

LOL MI 35th told me you were a ACT fanboy. IMO you really can't go wrong with the ACT or JWT because it's a matter of which combo characteristics you like or dislike. I also agree with about that JUN flywheel.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:54 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
LOL MI 35th told me you were a ACT fanboy. IMO you really can't go wrong with the ACT or JWT because it's a matter of which combo characteristics you like or dislike. I also agree with about that JUN flywheel.
I'm not an ACT fanboy. I just happened to have the opportunity to drive several setups back to back to back. I also own an ACT street clutch, Stage 1 pressure plate, and JWT flywheel. I know what my car sounds like and how it performs and after driving the other cars I'm not going to recommend something that performs worse AND costs more.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

I'm not an ACT fanboy. I just happened to have the opportunity to drive several setups back to back to back. I also own an ACT street clutch, Stage 1 pressure plate, and JWT flywheel. I know what my car sounds like and how it performs and after driving the other cars I'm not going to recommend something that performs worse AND costs more.

I was playing around with you man, and I know you've been through a couple of sets. MI 35th did tell me to throw all my ACT questions your direction but you never responded back to me. No big deal. Based on what he has told me and your experience with the difference clutches I would still try and hit you up next time.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
widebody350

I have an ACT clutch and was going to get the JWT flywheel but I guess that's not the best idea? I guess I'll go with ACT then...know how much it weighs/best place to order?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
MIAPLAYA

I was playing around with you man, and I know you've been through a couple of sets. MI 35th did tell me to throw all my ACT questions your direction but you never responded back to me. No big deal. Based on what he has told me and your experience with the difference clutches I would still try and hit you up next time.
Damn, I must have missed one of your PMs. Sorry bro. I'm usually at work when I'm on the boards during the day and sometimes I get disctracted and read a PM and forget to reply. I'd be happy to help you out however I can though..
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by widebody350
I have an ACT clutch and was going to get the JWT flywheel but I guess that's not the best idea? I guess I'll go with ACT then...know how much it weighs/best place to order?

I don't have any personal experiences with mismatching but I researched for over 4 months in this forum as well as others and have seem a couple of posts saying the results were not desirable. For some reason a few individuals ran into issues with mating different clutch and flywheel combos. I have heard that JWT flywheels and Nismo clutches works very well but it's not as aggressive because of the lower clamping force of the Nismo.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

I don't have any personal experiences with mismatching but I researched for over 4 months in this forum as well as others and have seem a couple of posts saying the results were not desirable. For some reason a few individuals ran into issues with mating different clutch and flywheel combos. I have heard that JWT and Nismo clutches works very well but it's not as aggressive because of the lower clamping force of the Nismo.
The Nismo is a waste of money IMHO. Theres much better units out there for a lot cheaper. I am not happy with my ACT/JWT set up but its too expensive to switch right now. Maybe when the motor gets pulled for something else...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Damn, I must have missed one of your PMs. Sorry bro. I'm usually at work when I'm on the boards during the day and sometimes I get disctracted and read a PM and forget to reply. I'd be happy to help you out however I can though..
It's all good man. MI 35th gave me enough on the JWT to help me make up my mind. I have had experience with ACT in the past with other cars, just not the Z, but you were recommended highly from Mi 35th as a good source because you did run both.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
MIAPLAYA

It's all good man. MI 35th gave me enough on the JWT to help me make up my mind. I have had experience with ACT in the past with other cars, just not the Z, but you were recommended highly from Mi 35th as a good source because you did run both.
Yeah like I said let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 PM
widebody350

Hey guys thank you very much, just saved me a headache and money. Really appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:29 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

The Nismo is a waste of money IMHO. Theres much better units out there for a lot cheaper. I am not happy with my ACT/JWT set up but its too expensive to switch right now. Maybe when the motor gets pulled for something else...
It is a waste of time and money if you are looking for noticeable performance gains. To clarify, most people have told me the Nismo clutch and JWT flywheel is a good safe combo if don't want the driving characteristics of your car to change all that much. For me the JWT will do just fine for me. Once I go F/I I will be looking into a multi carbon plated system.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
doskiez

Anyone have a Fodanza flywheel? If so what do you think
Old 02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by doskiez
Anyone have a Fodanza flywheel? If so what do you think
As far as I know the Fidanza flywheel is also chromoly one piece flywheel similar to the Jun. If thats the case and its weight is similar to the others that could be a potential option but I have no personal experience with it.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 AM
nismology1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know the Fidanza flywheel is also chromoly one piece flywheel similar to the Jun. If thats the case and its weight is similar to the others that could be a potential option but I have no personal experience with it.
Nope. It's aluminum with a steel friction plate.

Quick Reply: jun or jwt or act pro light flywheel?