Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need members help, Taking Nissan to court re oil consumption

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:39 PM
jim_ja2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need members help, Taking Nissan to court re oil consumption

Hi guys!

My name is Jim and I'm from Sydney Australia. I have a 2006 350z track model and have been burning a ****load of oil. 3.5 litres in the first 2000km's, another 2 litres in the next 1000km and another 2 litres in the following 1000kms.

Nissan Australia has up to now done very little and has pretty much denied there be a major problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no choice so have taken them to court! Have had one hearing 2 days ago where Nissan finally admitted that there is a problem with my car and have offered to replace my engine.

I declined and told judge that replacing engine is not a solution as the engine is a dud and a common problem with this revved up engine in 2006 models. I have asked for a refund on the car and nissan can take my car back.

Judge said that if I can prove that this is a comon problem, he will order Nissan to give me a full refund!

This is where i need your help. Could those of you that have experienced the oil problem please type up a brief outline of your experiences and Nissan response/solution. You are going to have to state your name and address in this letter as judge needs to know that cases are real and not some bull**** I am making up. I know its asking alot but if I win this and Nissan is forced to refund me the money, then it sets a precedence and anybody else in a similar position as me can do the same.

You can email them to me or send them to me on this forum.

Appreciate your help and i will let you guys no how it all goes.

Thanks

Jim

jimaskounis@yahoo.com.au
Old 02-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe there is ALOT of information out there about this if you do a looking around? I'm glad you're taking a stand and doing something about this! Good luck to you sir. Let us know the outcome.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You're going to need sworn affidavits from other Z owners in your area not unverified "internet urban myths". Anecdotal evidence is all you're going to get from stories here. I can't believe a judge would even accept such un-verified "data".

Since this was your first post on the forum and you just signed up today, it would be a good idea to do a lot more research first. There are a couple of threads here on the problem. You can probably read through them to get more background on the problem, potential fixes, Nissan responses, etc.