Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

car problems please look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Bwicked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car problems please look?

Hey guys so some things came up today and i was just concerned with them.

2003 touring 350z with vortech and 2.87 pulley
exhaust/cams/plugs/ dyno tune. jst some specs if u need.

Some things happened yesterday here they are below :

1) When i was driving yesterday after putting my spare tire on ( had a flat) i broke a wheel lug and had it replaced bt same problem none the less... The "BRAKE"/VDC OFF/SLIP/ and that other brake light all popped on. I havent noticed anything wrong as far as driving goes... bt want to know why this could have happened? they dont go off, when i restart car they go away bt come on later. any opinions?

2) After mechanic replaced wheel lug/ crank pulley with CNR pulley with new seal, changed air conditioning belt, tightened supercharger belt, replaced pcv valve... everything started fine and ran fine for about 10 min on my way home... then the above symptons in (1) (lights) came on, and about 2 mins later the check engine light came on and car would not go past certain rpms in different gears ex: 2nd gear wont pass3.5k 3rd wont pass 2.5k etc... car wouldn't accelerate fast barely moved and hard time going past 20mph... kinda like limp mode.... trned car off/restarted it and all the lights still on but it wasnt limp, then 5 minutes later went limp again... i floor it and the rpms barely barely move up... what could be wrong? i'm bringing it back to him tomorrow at 10am but i would like to inform him of some things before hand to check.... some things to note, i believe he left the undercarriage cover off and im in chicago and we had a bad snow/hail storm today... and snow got all underneath the car.. could it have gotten somewhere and triggered something???

3) another thing to note, the "stock" crank pulley was cracked in the key area/ chipped in the center/ had 3 cuts across the top!!! wow it looked bad, what could have caused this?
Bwicked is online now Edit/Delete Message
Old 02-24-2007, 11:31 PM
ZSpectrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) probably caused by the difference in tire sizes, would matter because three tires are going at rate x and the other tire is going at rate z. Should be fixed once you get the real tire back on.
2) maybe because the computer constantly thinks that your spinning?
3) should of gotten a turbo!!!!!

My idea= put on all 4 of the tires you had on before the flat, do a full ecu reset, the one from technosquare, and see what happens. Good luck!!!!!!