Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

I got sponsored.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Zyal8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got sponsored.....

by a real big company which i don't think i can say as of right now. BUT they are using me as the customer car for a twin turbo/single turbo. THey are putting the motec ECU in my car with upgraded Pistons, ect. Aw hell here's the email from him to me.

"Hi Matthew, you know we will do it right, that's why it takes so long to do these projects. I wont even take a project from someone unless they are willing to spend the money to get it right the first time! You will get most of the labor for free, and many of the parts at cost. But, the engine management system alone will cost $6k just to run the engine correctly. And we may have to build the engine with pistons/rods etc. for reliability. We will just have to see. Early Summer works best for my timeframe too. I would definitely need anything removed from the trunk that prevents our getting to the fuel tank. So, lets keep in touch and get working on this project.

Thanks
J*@*.com"
Old 04-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Importlife.com

Congratulations

So how long will they have your car? And please make sure you get some paperwork stating that they will replace parts if anything blows during the install/build. Also, once you have your car built and everything installed/dynoed, that they warranty all parts installed for a certain amount of miles.

A turbo upgrade on a brand new car model and an NA car is tricky at best! I am not saying anything bad about your sponsorship or the company. I would proceed with caution even if Nissan NA approached me for my car.

But best of luck and I can't wait for the results. Its cool to see a finished Top Secret Z, but awesome to see other members get sponsored for turbo.
Old 04-07-2003, 05:59 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way, The fuel tank is directly behind the driver/passenger under the storage bins . . . not in the trunk!
Old 04-07-2003, 06:01 PM
JZC

Awesome! Congrat dude.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:02 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... lol

That's double what I've seen a Motec setup go for... Sounds like they are going to make a tidy profit on YOUR cars expense.

Screw letting someone test out their things on MY CAR.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Zyal8tr

Ill go ahead and tell who's doing it. Its Power House Racing. www.powerhouseracing.com

Thanks Importlife. Im going to take all the necessary precations. They will be keeping my car for 2-3 1/2 months. But I told them however long as they want as long as its right! Im going to go ahead and take my subs out just incase they need to get back there. Also, I dunno if they are using motec, thats just my guess. I mean im guessing that would be best, don't you?

Last edited by Zyal8tr; 04-07-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Importlife.com

They seem to have a good rep with the supra crews. best of luck.