Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ACT flywheels: ProLite or StreeLite?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 AM
goodkd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACT flywheels: ProLite or StreeLite?

All:

After reading every thread that I could find on the subject of clutches and flywheels, I have come to the conclusion that a heavy duty ACT clutch and ACT flywheel is a cost effective and high quality way to go.

I am now trying to decide which ACT flywheel would be best for me. The StreeLite comes in at like 16 lbs and the ProLite comes in at 13 lbs. The price difference is neglible.

I like the further weight reduction of the ProLite, but this is my daily driver (except for in the winter) and I need to maintain a reasonable level of driveability. I don't track the car, I just want to free up some power and make the engine more responsive for periods sprinted driving around town and backroads.

Since so many people are pleased with the JWT flywheel, which is 14 lbs, I am thinking that the 13 lb one would still be livable (only 1 lb difference). Anyone agree or disagree?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven two cars with the ACT Prolite flywheel and its a very streetable unit. Not worth it to get the Streetlite IMHO...