Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Big Transmission Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
gcoupeturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Transmission Fraud

-I've been in the market for a while for a used transmission.

-I bought one that turned out was bad and came from a car that had their's replaced... I got stuck with the bad one.

-I am in the middle of purchasing another one, and he claims its BRAND NEW from the parts counter. I check the VIN and it has history of a 06 Z having its transmission replaced. (so its bad)

-For some reason a good amount of used transmissions are being circulated that are DEALER TAKE OUTS (meaning they are bad)

- These transmissions have the VIN of the car it came from, and appearantly never made it back to NISSAN.

-Most dealerships i talked to says that the Tranny is sent back to NISSAN, then it is remanufactured and sent back out with a "REMANUFACTURED" VIN number..

Any thoughts on this?
Does anyone have more info or better understanding of how this works?

I have a vin, he claims it's BRAND NEW, looks Brand new.. but has a VIN attached from a 06 350Z and it had its transmission replaced.

100% bad?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gcoupeturbo
-I've been in the market for a while for a used transmission.

-I bought one that turned out was bad and came from a car that had their's replaced... I got stuck with the bad one.

-I am in the middle of purchasing another one, and he claims its BRAND NEW from the parts counter. I check the VIN and it has history of a 06 Z having its transmission replaced. (so its bad)

-For some reason a good amount of used transmissions are being circulated that are DEALER TAKE OUTS (meaning they are bad)

- These transmissions have the VIN of the car it came from, and appearantly never made it back to NISSAN.

-Most dealerships i talked to says that the Tranny is sent back to NISSAN, then it is remanufactured and sent back out with a "REMANUFACTURED" VIN number..

Any thoughts on this?
Does anyone have more info or better understanding of how this works?

I have a vin, he claims it's BRAND NEW, looks Brand new.. but has a VIN attached from a 06 350Z and it had its transmission replaced.

100% bad?

Can transmission shops diagnose it if its off the car?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
gcoupeturbo

i guess the only way to see if its good is to open it up and look at the synchro's and gears... thats how i found out the first used one i bought was bad..

it had 5 synchro's bad... cost me about 400 for parts.

I just talked to a nissan dealer and they said that the VIN plates don't get replaced. .. The remanufactured one keeps the old vin..

So if it is a remanufactured one. It better have paperwork proving that its from the dealership... or it could have been stolen from them .

Advise to people out there, CHECK the VIN from nissan service before buying it...

Luckily for me, the guy im buying this CD009 from says "don't pay me the rest until you install it and try it.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:56 PM
bobS

Maybe that is the old vin number from the old transmission core? Sounds weird though, most companies will replace the vin number plate with a remanufactured vin number plate. Did you buy this trans from nissan?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gcoupeturbo
i guess the only way to see if its good is to open it up and look at the synchro's and gears... thats how i found out the first used one i bought was bad..

it had 5 synchro's bad... cost me about 400 for parts.

I just talked to a nissan dealer and they said that the VIN plates don't get replaced. .. The remanufactured one keeps the old vin..

So if it is a remanufactured one. It better have paperwork proving that its from the dealership... or it could have been stolen from them .

Advise to people out there, CHECK the VIN from nissan service before buying it...

Luckily for me, the guy im buying this CD009 from says "don't pay me the rest until you install it and try it.

Thats a confident seller, I would trust that guy. Is he from this forum?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
gcoupeturbo

no, he's not from this forum, He claimed to have bought it from the dealership for a bmw 6 speed conversion... never used it, bell housing adapter was never manufactured..

but yea, $200 deposit, and pay the remainder after i install it and test it.

he's on the www.bmw2002faq.com forums

The CD009's really don't have that much problems right?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can easily tell if a transmission is truely BRAND NEW and in the box. They come from the factory with the TO bearing and clutch fork already in place, the trans is neatly boxed...even has brand new fluid already in it, and it always has that tell-tale radiaoctive looking grease on the splines. The CD009 tag will clean. Just poke around the trans....it would take a lot of effort, and *****, for a dealer to sell a used trans as a new trans.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
gcoupeturbo

thanks. will do.. here are pics of the transmission

its not brand new, but brand new , bought 2007 and never ever used...
Attached Thumbnails Big Transmission Fraud-6speedvinplate.jpg   Big Transmission Fraud-sixspeed1.jpg   Big Transmission Fraud-sixspeed2.jpg   Big Transmission Fraud-sixspeedsticker.jpg   Big Transmission Fraud-sixspeedtail.jpg  

Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM
gcoupeturbo

Got it installed and it ships perfect.. could be a little bit smoother though.. but no grinding at all

now i gotta pay the seller the rest of the money.

Last edited by gcoupeturbo; 05-22-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 AM
turbo-maxima

maybe find a place that offers like a 30 day warrenty, so if it doesn't work, you can just give it back.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Q45tech

well it turns out that this transmission WAS stolen from a dealership in arizona .............. So you are receiving stolen goods and admitting it [commission of a FELONY] on the Inet.

now i gotta pay the seller the rest of the money

Admission of guilt can stay with you forever.

Beg a moderator to delete this thread!......before Google indexes it.

As a defective core due Nissan it probably has a $1000 value placed on it so Nissan is out the core and the dealer was paid so they don't care?

Last edited by Q45tech; 05-22-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys O.T. post...

Q45tech,
Please call me when you get a chance (661) 993-5111

Tony
Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
wperdigon

I see that your in MD which I may be able to help you out - I work at a Nissan Dealership - is your vehicle still under warranty? Mileage and time frame wise? if so I can work with you on a new tranny -

I will pm you

william