Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

PINKS - What Vendor / Tuner has the SAND?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007 | 11:50 AM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
What do you mean whats the point of my post?? you asked

In a thread titled:
PINKS- What Vendor/Tuner has the SAND?

To which I posted:

Was this not a direct answer to your question you asked in the form of a thread??
You aksed who will be the first to be on PINKS and I answered we wanted to go, how is this off topic??

Discuss..
maybe my post was too vague? it wasn't "what vendor has the sand to race another vendor on PINKS"... it was "PINKS - What Vendor / Tuner has the SAND?"... by this i mean, what tuner / vendor on this board has the sand to put up a car on PINKS... (pitted against any other random opponent of PINKS choice)

if you want to go with a 350Z, i would love to see it... and you would completely answer my question and be the Vendor / Tuner to step up to the plate... that's the point of this post... someone in your occupation to go on PINKS with a built Z... it wasn't a challenge for two Vendors / Tuners to go head to head...

Last edited by stormcrow; 06-30-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-30-2007 | 11:54 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i said "TUNER / VENDOR"... did i stutter? *haha*

to race you, i need to master the "monkey shifting" technique... care to give me lessons?
haha just watch soe old bruce lee movies =]
and you'll master the kunfu-shifting
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:00 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by paranormal
hmmmm id like to se VRT go on pinks.

the'll be asking fro 20 car lengths!
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:05 PM
eze-edsel

since no vendor has said they were thinking about it then: which vendor in your opinion(from proven past work) would you think be the best choice?
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by eze-edsel
since no vendor has said they were thinking about it then: which vendor in your opinion(from proven past work) would you think be the best choice?

this question is going to turn the thread into major drama....

but ill say sponsors on this site that have build 1400+whp supras def have a nice shot! i am sure there are others too
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:17 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE
Premier Member

dosnt vtr have a 8 second Z? they would surely smoke everyone..

id like to see eastcoast vs westcoast.

MRC-FP-PF VS Intense-GTM-SFR or something... idk that would be cool..
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:35 PM
gothchick

Stormcrow = one word... Nuthugger... Or; Is that two? Has a fast car but can't drive, and has never wrenched on/ tuned a car himself... Has everyone else wrenching on his car for him... Some people have a word for that... Ie. 'Posier'... Lol!

Last edited by gothchick; 06-30-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:54 PM
twenzel

Originally Posted by gothchick
Stormcrow = one word... Nuthugger... Or; Is that two? Has a fast car but can't drive, and has never wrenched on a car himself... Has everyone else wrenching on his car for him... Some people have a word for that... Ie. 'Posier'... Lol!

Oh and I suppose installing those Nismo Floormats of yours really makes you a certified nissan tech, huh?

I love how "gothchick" always tries to call people out with no goddamn ground to stand on.

Also, its spelled "poseur".
Old 06-30-2007 | 12:57 PM
gothchick

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Oh and I suppose installing those Nismo Floormats of yours really makes you a certified nissan tech, huh?

I love how "gothchick" always tries to call people out with no goddamn ground to stand on.
Try doing some research on this forum... It is what it is... and; Yep, those light weight floormats suuure do make my rig damn fast... Lol!

Last edited by gothchick; 06-30-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2007 | 03:36 PM
stormcrow

i honestly don't have an opinion on this... there are quite a few vendors / tuners on this board that could build a fast car to tear up the track for the few runs that are done on the show... my desire is to see the 350Z represented (and well) on the show... it's too biased towards domestics and when there is an import on the show it's a damned pepto-pink civic! *haha*
Old 06-30-2007 | 03:52 PM
stormcrow

Originally Posted by gothchick
Stormcrow = one word... Nuthugger... Or; Is that two? Has a fast car but can't drive, and has never wrenched on/ tuned a car himself... Has everyone else wrenching on his car for him... Some people have a word for that... Ie. 'Posier'... Lol!
erin, are you *really* this childish? you are a grown woman in your 40's and you actually have the gall to arbitrarily start bs in my post out of sheer spite? please, act your age and keep your immature comments to yourself... you may enjoy the drama...but, i don't... this isn't highschool or the hair salon... seriously, please learn to breathe, let things go and move on...

and to set the record straight, you have not "wrenched" on anything yourself... EVERYTHING you have was installed by FP... EVERY modification to the exhaust was done by another shop... and if you think that being silly enough to randomly start tuning your car because you know how to use hyperterminal makes you a tuner...then, by all means, live in your world of delusions... all i have to say to that is PLEASE go FI so we can all laugh at you when you pop your motor... playing on an N/A car where there's no ramifications if you put in a "dee dee dee" tune doesn't prove jack....

all of that said, i'm done with responding to you... reply with what you will...i won't see it as you're the first and only person to grace my block list...
Old 06-30-2007 | 05:45 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by paranormal
dosnt vtr have a 8 second Z? they would surely smoke everyone..

id like to see eastcoast vs westcoast.

MRC-FP-PF VS Intense-GTM-SFR or something... idk that would be cool..
Vinny Ten does not have an 8 second Z..It was Gary Rubios car..Not Vinnys.
Old 06-30-2007 | 05:48 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

WE just said we had the nuts and the "sand" whatever that means, to go on PINK's, yet we got jumped all over by the OP and Alberto
We were actually discussing it with Nate a few months back, however the person we wanted to go against made 600 different excuses, and did NOT have the "SAND"..
Old 06-30-2007 | 05:49 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

drag racing = Performance Factory

i will take on ANYone on this forum...
Old 06-30-2007 | 05:50 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
drag racing = Performance Factory

i will take on ANYone on this forum...
Lets set something Up J.
I say we do midway between you and I...
Old 06-30-2007 | 05:58 PM
Thanh386

Hmm... sheesh. You guys are soo harsh with one another. Build it, drive it, love it. Stop bickering and go *zoom zooom zoom*, isn't that what you guys built your cars for?
Old 06-30-2007 | 06:23 PM
stormcrow

WE just said we had the nuts and the "sand" whatever that means, to go on PINK's, yet we got jumped all over by the OP and Alberto
We were actually discussing it with Nate a few months back, however the person we wanted to go against made 600 different excuses, and did NOT have the "SAND"..
i didn't jump on you... i saw your post as another jab at sharif and i didn't think it cool that you did so in my thread... when you asked me to explain why i responded the way i did to your post, i did my best to do so...

again, this wasn't a post asking who on here had the ***** to go head to head with other vendors or with each other, it was a question of who had the ***** to build a Z and risk it on PINKS... apologies if you felt as though i was jumping on you... that wasn't my intention...

but, one thing, doc...it seems when i do explain myself you skip over the post and state i am jumping on you? why?

also, just fyi:

sand (sănd)
n.

a. Small loose grains of worn or disintegrated rock.
b. Geology. A sedimentary material, finer than a granule and coarser than silt, with grains between 0.06 and 2.0 millimeters in diameter.

2. A tract of land covered with sand, as a beach or desert. Often used in the plural.

a. The loose, granular, gritty particles in an hourglass.
b. sands Moments of allotted time or duration: “The sands are numb'red that makes up my life” (Shakespeare).

4. Slang. Courage; stamina; perseverance: “She had more sand in her than any girl I ever see; in my opinion she was just full of sand” (Mark Twain).
Old 07-01-2007 | 03:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by stormcrow
i didn't jump on you... i saw your post as another jab at sharif and i didn't think it cool that you did so in my thread... when you asked me to explain why i responded the way i did to your post, i did my best to do so...

again, this wasn't a post asking who on here had the ***** to go head to head with other vendors or with each other, it was a question of who had the ***** to build a Z and risk it on PINKS... apologies if you felt as though i was jumping on you... that wasn't my intention...

but, one thing, doc...it seems when i do explain myself you skip over the post and state i am jumping on you? why?

also, just fyi:

sand (sănd)
n.

a. Small loose grains of worn or disintegrated rock.
b. Geology. A sedimentary material, finer than a granule and coarser than silt, with grains between 0.06 and 2.0 millimeters in diameter.

2. A tract of land covered with sand, as a beach or desert. Often used in the plural.

a. The loose, granular, gritty particles in an hourglass.
b. sands Moments of allotted time or duration: “The sands are numb'red that makes up my life” (Shakespeare).

4. Slang. Courage; stamina; perseverance: “She had more sand in her than any girl I ever see; in my opinion she was just full of sand” (Mark Twain).

#1) Traditionally PINKS has been a show for 2 RIVAL shops or RIVALS in the drag race seen to go heads up and put up or shut up...YOu would know this had you watched it..

#2) I know what SAND s you wise azz, that is however the first time i have heard it used as that expression, thanks for the grammar lesson.

#3) No stab or jab at Sharif in my post, I simply stated a fact of what went down a few mnths back,but thank you for defending his honor where you felt you needed to..

All I am saying is we wanted to go on PINKS, it never happened..Pointless for me to risk a 350Z against a Domestic shop which is not any competition to our shop..How would loosing a 350Z to a Camaro benefiet the 350z Community??Please explain..
Old 07-01-2007 | 04:02 AM
bullseye

I think I remember watching a Pinks episode where one of the contestants lost by default by running a 9.99. I guess the limit on the show is 10 seconds, to keep the contestants running "real" cars instead of sponsored, fire-breathing drag beasts. The loser failed to confirm at the outset his car could run into the 9's... Am I wrong about this?
Old 07-01-2007 | 04:29 AM
coachk
Banned

Lets set something Up J.
I say we do midway between you and I...

I say put that Z on a trailer and come to FLA in October for our track rental. I'm sure you we can help out with gas money to see this showdown.

Quick Reply: PINKS - What Vendor / Tuner has the SAND?