Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Removing Engine and Installing Greddy TT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Removing Engine and Installing Greddy TT

Ill be getting my Z in about 1 year. I have already been reading alot about in the FI section. I have heard that it is highly recommended to take out the motor when you install a Greddy TT system. I want to do this install myself. I feel it will be a better learning experience and the chance to spend the installiton cash on other items. Im just wondering is ther a How-To on how to take the engine out? I am planning on taking out the front bumper so I can pull it straight out. I would just like to know what would have to be disconected from the motor. Do you take it out with the tranny? Any advice will be good. And now my second question is about installing the greddy system. Are there instructions that come with it? Would it be possible to just follow them to the T so I can get it done. Im not going to be doing this myself but with a couple buddies to help out. Thanks, oh and I did search ALOT!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
peptidbond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can give you a little basic info. You will need to remove the front bumper, radiator, ac condensor, and radiator supports. You will need to disconnect and remove the ac compressor. It is probably best to disconnect the engine wire harness at the ECU and remove the wiring with the engine. This will be faster than removing the wiring from the engine. As for the tranny, it will be best to take it out with the engine too. Obviously, the more you can strip off the engine before removal, the better (i.e. cats, headers, intake, alternator, power steering pump, ac compressor, water pipes, etc).

Good luck!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

there is a thread of someone else who attempted such a DIY - think he got 75% done by himself and then decided after a year of working on it to take it to a shop to finish. Nevertheless much of the removal part is pretty well documented - in one of the threads on this site...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:39 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eh you dont want to take the exhaust manifolds off, you want to lift the engine with them.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
tranceformer95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your friend worked on it for a year?